HR Business Partner - Pharmacy - 12 Month Term
Sobeys Inc. in Dartmouth, NS
Requisition ID: 47396
Career Group: Corporate Careers
Job Category: HR Business Partners - Operations
Travel Requirements: 0 - 10%
Country: Canada (CA)
Province: Nova Scotia (CA-NS)
Location: Dartmouth Office
A proudly Canadian retail company, Sobeys began in 1907 as a small meat delivery business in Stellarton, Nova Scotia. Today, Sobeys Inc. serves the food shopping needs of Canadians with approximately 1,500 stores in all 10 provinces under retail banners that include Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, and Lawton's Drug Stores as well as in-store pharmacies, liquor and more than 350 retail fuel locations.
Together with our 125,000 employees and franchise affiliates and a collective passion for delivering exceptional food and shopping experiences, Sobeys' purpose is to improve the lives of Canadians by helping them Eat Better, Feel Better and Do Better. .
All career opportunities will be open a minimum of 5 business days from the date of posting.
Sobeys is full of exciting opportunities and we are always looking for bright new talent to join our team! We currently have a 12 month term position for a Human Resources Business Partner to join the Human Resources team of Sobeys National Pharmacy Group, based out of our office in Dartmouth, NS.
What you'll get to do in this fast paced role:
- Provide coaching, advice and guidance to leaders on employee relations issues, including; policy violations, investigations, discipline and terminations
- Accountable for the consistent deployment of HR tools, systems, processes, policies and procedures and leadership development curriculum
- Accountable to execute Employee Programs developed by CoE's
- Manage the organizational change processes and approvals
- Respond to and make decisions surrounding compensation issues
- Responsible to ensure Total Rewards (salary, benefits, pension, incentive) are administered in support of policies and guidelines
- Coach, advise and support leaders on all aspects of employee engagement through annual engagement survey and engagement scorecard
- Manage and support leaders through the annual performance review process
- Facilitate the performance calibration and succession planning processes
- Support leaders through the annual salary review process and incentive program
- Develop and refine position descriptions and assist in job evaluation as required
- Provide guidance to the leader in areas such as salary recommendations for new hires, transfers, relocations, and promotions
- Assist compensation in the administration of the annual salary review and incentive program
- Coach leaders through the progressive discipline and termination process
- Lead investigations on employee relations issues
- Lead investigations on legal employment issues liaise with legal council on employee related legal matters; attend local mediation if required
- Collaborate with Integrated Health Management (IHM) team on employee leaves (WCB, STD, LTD) and assist with return to work as needed
- Partner with Talent Acquisition on recruitment and selection of new staff
- Support the administration of Talent Management and Learning and Development CoE's in new or annual program rollouts
What your resume will include and demonstrate to us:
- 3-5 years related Human Resource experience (at the Generalist Level)
- Degree, diploma or certification in Human Resources or associated field or equivalent work experience
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in all components of the generalist Human Resources function
- Excellent technical HR skills and understanding of employment, Human Rights and Labour Laws
- Demonstrated understanding of human behavior, as well as business management, operations and strategy
- Undergraduate degree preferred
- Knowledge and experience with SAP
- Demonstrated capacity to influence, coach, and advise business partners effectively
- Ability to negotiate and resolve conflict
- Capacity to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Proven ability to handle confidential and sensitive information
- Ability to multi-task and work with changing/conflicting priorities
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a leading Canadian company with a clear vision and focus. If you feel that this describes the kind of work you want to do, and you are excited about what Sobeys has to offer, then we look forward to reviewing your application. Please ensure that you take the time to ensure your profile shows us why you're the most qualified applicant for the role.
Sobeys offers our employees many valuable benefits such as:
- Growing organization
- Competitive salary
- Profit Sharing Plan (based on company performance)
- Pension plan
- Flexible health and dental benefits plan (eligible employees)
- Ongoing Training & Development
- Opportunity for internal mobility to other departments and/or promotions (for employees who are strong performers)
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.