Construction Administrator - Mechanical
WSP in Vancouver, BC
WSP is one of the world's leading professional engineering services firms. Every day our more than 48,000 experts work to restore the natural environment and transform the built environment.
In Canada, our 8,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're a Forbes Top Employer in Canada, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects.
At WSP , we're proud, professional and passionate people, join our team.
WSP is currently hiring for a Mechanical Construction Administrator to join our Buildings group , located at our Vancouver, BC office.
- Oversee and perform construction administration duties on multiple projects. This would generally include: attendance at construction site meetings; site reviews of contractor's work for quality and general conformance with the design documents; preparation of site review reports; shop drawings review; progress claims review; change order costing review; witnessing of contractor performed tests; responding to contractor's queries and RFIs; substantial and total performance inspections; and project close out.
- Perform constructability reviews on drawings and specifications prior to issuing documents for building permit and tender
- Facilitate clear and effective communication between the design team and contractors
- Mentor and teach design and technical staff on construction related issues
- Other duties as assigned/required.
- Minimum 5 years' of experience with a focus on construction of projects is preferred
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Sound technical and building mechanical systems knowledge, strong knowledge and understanding of codes and standards, and familiarity with British Columbia construction practices
- Proven communication skills with clients, contractors and authorities
- Excellent problem solving and negotiating skills
- Excellent organizational skills with an ability to assess and prioritize jobs
- Credentials from a recognized construction administration program, experience in building construction industry, or other equivalent training will be an asset
- Positive attitude/disposition
WSP Canada Inc.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP Canada Inc.