Senior Project Manager, Municipal Engineering
WSP is one of the world's leading professional engineering services firms. Every day our more than 42,000 experts work to restore the natural environment and transform the built environment.
In Canada, our 8000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transport networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're a Forbes Top Employer in Canada , one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects.
At WSP , we're proud, professional and passionate people. Join us.
WSP is currently seeking a motivated Senior Project Manager in our Edmonton Municipal Infrastructure team. Reporting to the Manager Infrastructure, this position will be responsible to work on projects for public and private clients, leading major municipal water, wastewater, drainage and roadway infrastructure projects including planning, design and construction services. As a key member of the team you will deal directly with clients and approval agencies.
- Take a leadership role in the expansion of business opportunities and execution of major water and wastewater pump stations infrastructure projects;
- Manage and deliver complex infrastructure design and asset management solutions to customers - this includes report and proposal writing, business development, client liaison, and project management;
- Build, lead, and manage multidisciplinary project teams focused on client specified requirements - projects may include planning, engineering design, construction, and financial management deliverables;
- Lead, develop and empower a diverse group of professionals and technical support staff; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- An undergraduate degree in civil engineering from an accredited university;
- Professional Engineer designation with minimum 15+ years of planning and design of municipal infrastructure with emphasis on major water, wastewater and drainage projects;
- Professional Engineer or eligibility for registration in APEGA is required;
- Experience and formal training in Project Management;
- Strong knowledge of Alberta municipal clients;
- Previous success in customer services, client management and proposal/report writing;
- Strong communication (written and verbal), interpersonal and teamwork skills. Technical writing skills needed to support development of technical reports, tools, support documents, and training materials;
- Ability to work independently; and
- Ability to mentor junior staff.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
To learn more about our firm and the projects we have been involved in, please visit our World of Possibilities microsite.
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP Canada Inc.