Project Engineer, Airfield Civil Engineering - Aviation
In Canada, more than 8,000 of our people foster innovation every day because we know that our future world will be vastly different from today. Our reach includes environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transport networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources. Through our Future Ready initiative, we bring clarity and vision to some of Canada's most complex challenges and opportunities.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're a Forbes Top Employer in Canada, one of the Corporate Knights' Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned ReNew Canada's Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects . In 2018, LinkedIn ranked us number 7 on their Top Companies list .
At WSP , we see the future more clearly and design for it today - we put innovation, and the highest ethical standards and professionalism at the centre of all we do. Find out what we have to offer.
WSP is currently seeking a Project Engineer to join our Transportation - Aviation department, located at our Thornhill office. Reporting to the Manager, this role will be responsible for the successful preparation of civil Aviation design packages.
- Coordination of multi-disciplinary conceptual, functional and detailed designs and teams; specifications, quantity and cost estimates;
- Implement and oversee project quality control and quality assurance;
- Liaison with clients and the project team;
- Assist with resolution of issues, ensure timely analysis and recommendations for all issues encountered during the project;
- Review and analyze project schedules for activities, milestones, and critical path;
- Assist with preparing proposals, project cost estimates, and budgeting;
- Prepare and review drawings and presentation materials;
- Perform all other tasks that will help accomplish successful delivery of the project; and
- Other duties as assigned/required.
- Undergraduate Degree in Engineering (Civil preferred) from an accredited university;
- Registered Professional Engineer or EIT looking towards registration;
- 5+ years of engineering experience in Canada or demonstrated international experience
- Aviation / Highway design experience preferred;
- Experience with AutoCAD and Civil 3D is an asset;
- Strong MS Office skills including MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Experience with schedule software is an asset;
- Strategic, conceptual, analytical thinking and decision-making skills;
- Adaptability and flexibility including the ability to manage deadlines;
- Demonstrated willingness to learn;
- Strong interpersonal skills and enthusiastic team player;
- Excellent oral, written, presentation, and research skills, and;
- Be flexible and have the ability to work on multiple projects of varied complexity with minimal supervision.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for those taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only those selected will be contacted.
WSP Canada Inc.