Project Engineer, Airfield Civil Engineering - Aviation
WSP in Thornhill, ON
WSP is one of the world's leading professional engineering services firms. Every day our more than 48,000 experts work to restore the natural environment and transform the built environment.
In Canada, our 8,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're a Forbes Top Employer in Canada, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects.
At WSP , we're proud, professional and passionate people, join our team.
WSP is currently seeking a Project Engineer to join our Transportation - Aviation department, located at our Thornhill office. Reporting to the Manager, this role will be responsible for the successful preparation of civil Aviation design packages.
- Coordination of multi-disciplinary conceptual, functional and detailed designs and teams; specifications, quantity and cost estimates;
- Implement and oversee project quality control and quality assurance;
- Liaison with clients and the project team;
- Assist with resolution of issues, ensure timely analysis and recommendations for all issues encountered during the project;
- Review and analyze project schedules for activities, milestones, and critical path;
- Assist with preparing proposals, project cost estimates, and budgeting;
- Prepare and review drawings and presentation materials;
- Perform all other tasks that will help accomplish successful delivery of the project; and
- Other duties as assigned/required.
- Undergraduate Degree in Engineering (Civil preferred) from an accredited university;
- Registered Professional Engineer or EIT looking towards registration;
- 5+ years of engineering experience in Canada or demonstrated international experience
- Aviation / Highway design experience preferred;
- Experience with AutoCAD and Civil 3D is an asset;
- Strong MS Office skills including MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Experience with schedule software is an asset;
- Strategic, conceptual, analytical thinking and decision-making skills;
- Adaptability and flexibility including the ability to manage deadlines;
- Demonstrated willingness to learn;
- Strong interpersonal skills and enthusiastic team player;
- Excellent oral, written, presentation, and research skills, and;
- Be flexible and have the ability to work on multiple projects of varied complexity with minimal supervision.
WSP Canada Inc.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP Canada Inc.