Statistician Methodologist (Permanent Full Time), Research Services
Horizon Health Network is an equal opportunity employer.
COMPETITION #: 2018-35242 External
BARGAINING UNIT: Non-Bargaining
ZONE: Saint John
DEPARTMENT: Research Services
FACILITY: Saint John Regional Hospital
POSTING TYPE: Permanent Full Time
JOB TITLE: Statistician/Methodologist
CLASSIFICATION: Non Bargaining
LANGUAGE: English Essential
HOURS OF WORK: Days, Subject to employment status
SALARY: $28.41 to $39.69 per hour (Payband 5)
Reporting to the Regional Director of Research Services, the statistician provides methodological and biostatistical expertise for health research initiatives.
- Advanced degree (Masters or PhD preferred) incorporating study design and analysis
- Must have significant experience in:
- Statistical analysis
- Study design
- Protocol writing
- Sound knowledge of statistical software such as R, SPSS, SAS.
- Computer expertise in the Microsoft Office suite and experience in data collection and analysis.
- Written and spoken competence in English is required
- Provides expertise and acts as a resource person in study design and analysis to health care professionals.
- Provides consultation for study methodology and biostatistical analysis.
- Coordinates and participates in health research activities.
- Interprets the results of analyses and supports writing of scientific articles and the dissemination of research findings.
- In collaboration with researchers, supports the application process of grant proposals to various granting agencies
- Conducts statistical analysis using an array of applied methods: sample size calculations, descriptive analysis, linear and logistic regression, time-to-event analysis, etc…
- Plays an active role in raising awareness of health research activities.
- Collaborates and supports health research initiatives throughout Horizon Health Network.
- Provides training and education related to health research.
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication (written and verbal), organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work independently, build interdisciplinary teams and develop networks
- Ability to travel throughout the Horizon Health Network as needed
Applications for this position must be submitted on-line by November 18, 2018.
NOTE: There will be no further postings for this position should there be no fully qualified applicants. If you wish to be considered for this position and have most of the qualifications as posted and the registration or licensure where required, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
Please quote Competition # 2018-35242-External. Horizon Health Network appreciates expressed interest, however, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Human Resources Department, Horizon Health Network.