Accounting Clerk - Talent Pool
Sobeys Inc. in Stellarton, NS
Requisition ID: 47384
Career Group: Corporate Careers
Job Category: Finance
Travel Requirements: 0 - 10%
Country: Canada (CA)
Province: Nova Scotia (CA-NS)
Location: King 1
A proudly Canadian retail company, Sobeys began in 1907 as a small meat delivery business in Stellarton, Nova Scotia. Today, Sobeys Inc. serves the food shopping needs of Canadians with approximately 1,500 stores in all 10 provinces under retail banners that include Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, and Lawton's Drug Stores as well as in-store pharmacies, liquor and more than 350 retail fuel locations.
Together with our 125,000 employees and franchise affiliates and a collective passion for delivering exceptional food and shopping experiences, Sobeys' purpose is to improve the lives of Canadians by helping them Eat Better, Feel Better and Do Better. .
All career opportunities will be open a minimum of 5 business days from the date of posting.
Sobeys is full of exciting opportunities and we are always looking for bright new talent to join our team at our offices in Stellarton, NS! Please submit your resume so that we can review your qualifications and keep you in our talent pipeline for consideration to our Accounting Clerk future openings.
What you'll get to do in this fast-paced role:
- Process and audit invoices for various regions
- Process cash receipts and related Accounts Receivable functions
- Prepare and analyze working papers
- Work in conjunction with both internal and external customers and vendors
- Ensure all metrics are met
- Work in SAP and Microsoft Office
- Provide a high standard of customer service
- Various data entry related tasks
What your resume will include and demonstrate to us:
- Relevant education in Business/Accounting (i.e. NSCC Diploma or University Degree); equivalent combination of education and work experience may be considered
- Minimum 1-2 years relevant work experience within an office environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Integrity and adherence to standards, policy and procedures
- Excellent customer service skills coupled with an understanding of the commitment to meet and exceed service levels
- Strong computer skills; Proficient use of the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Proven time management, organization, prioritization, and multi tasking skills
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Accounting work experience
- Experience in a team driven environment
- Retail experience
- Knowledge of SAP
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.