Senior Materials Engineer
In Canada, more than 8,000 of our people foster innovation every day because we know that our future world will be vastly different from today. Our reach includes environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transport networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources. Through our Future Ready initiative, we bring clarity and vision to some of Canada's most complex challenges and opportunities.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're a Forbes Top Employer in Canada, one of the Corporate Knights' Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned ReNew Canada's Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects. In 2018, LinkedIn ranked us number 7 on their Top Companies list .
At WSP , we see the future more clearly and design for it today - we put innovation, and the highest ethical standards and professionalism at the centre of all we do. Find out what we have to offer.
WSP is currently hiring for a Senior Materials Engineer to join our Materials Group , located at our Vancouver office. The work will encompass materials consulting engineering services for: industrial, commercial, municipal, highway, and residential projects for both new construction and the condition assessment and rehabilitation of existing infrastructure. This position reports to the Team Leader of the Materials Group at WSP's office in Vancouver, BC. Occasional out of town travel will be required.
- Project and contract management;
- Nondestructive testing and assessment of concrete structures;
- Structural rehabilitation, including preparation of repair specifications;
- Service life assessment of concrete structures;
- Shotcrete design and assessment;
- Mass concrete thermal mitigation design;
- Asphalt pavement design and evaluation;
- Aggregate qualification; and
- Concrete mix design and review.
- Other duties as assigned/required.
- Eligibility for registration with APEGBC as a Professional Engineer
- 10+ years of related experience
- Master's Degree in Civil Engineering with an emphasis on concrete technology is considered a strong asset
- Demonstrated business development experience
- Candidates must possess a valid Class 5 driver's license
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for those taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only those selected will be contacted.
WSP Canada Inc.