Senior Materials Engineer
WSP in Vancouver, BC
WSP is one of the world's leading professional engineering services firms. Every day our more than 48,000 experts work to restore the natural environment and transform the built environment.
In Canada, our 8,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're a Forbes Top Employer in Canada, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects.
At WSP , we're proud, professional and passionate people, join our team.
WSP is currently hiring for a Senior Materials Engineer to join our Materials Group , located at our Vancouver office. The work will encompass materials consulting engineering services for: industrial, commercial, municipal, highway, and residential projects for both new construction and the condition assessment and rehabilitation of existing infrastructure. This position reports to the Team Leader of the Materials Group at WSP's office in Vancouver, BC. Occasional out of town travel will be required.
- Project and contract management;
- Nondestructive testing and assessment of concrete structures;
- Structural rehabilitation, including preparation of repair specifications;
- Service life assessment of concrete structures;
- Shotcrete design and assessment;
- Mass concrete thermal mitigation design;
- Asphalt pavement design and evaluation;
- Aggregate qualification; and
- Concrete mix design and review.
- Eligibility for registration with APEGBC as a Professional Engineer
- 10+ years of related experience
- Master's Degree in Civil Engineering with an emphasis on concrete technology is considered a strong asset
- Demonstrated business development experience
- Candidates must possess a valid Class 5 driver's license
WSP Canada Inc.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP Canada Inc.