Project Manager, Alternative Delivery - Civil Engineering
WSP in Thornhill, ON
WSP is one of the world's leading professional engineering services firms. Every day our more than 48,000 experts work to restore the natural environment and transform the built environment.
In Canada, our 8,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're a Forbes Top Employer in Canada, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects.
At WSP , we're proud, professional and passionate people, join our team.
WSP is currently seeking a Project Manager to join our Transportat ion - Alternative Delivery Department, located at our Thornhill office. Reporting to the Director Alternative Delivery this position will be responsible for leading and delivering complex P3 and alternative delivery projects. These will include major transportation infrastructure such as highways, transit, airports and rail. Be part of a dynamic team working on exciting profile projects with lots of opportunity for personal development.
- Oversee the delivery of the technical milestones and phases of the project;
- Manage the budgets and deadlines for the project;
- Manage multi-disciplinary project teams;
- Liaison with clients and the project team;
- Responsible for coordination of multi-disciplinary design teams;
- Review design drawings and prepare presentation materials including PowerPoint presentations;
- Manage contract specifications and documentation;
- Liaison with all discipline team members, sub-consultants, and agencies;
- Implement and oversee project quality control and quality assurance;
- Manage resolution of project issues, identification of mitigation measures;
- Review and analyze project schedules for activities, milestones, and critical path;
- Organize and chair multi-disciplinary meetings;
- Prepare proposals, project cost estimates, and budgets;
- Supervise the work of Engineers, Coordinators and support staff appointed to the project;
- Perform all other tasks that will help accomplish successful delivery of the project;
- Contribute to knowledge transfer by providing functional guidance, peer review, and mentoring;
- Other duties as assigned/required.
- Undergraduate Degree in Engineering (Civil Engineering preferred) from an accredited university;
- Registered Professional Engineer in Canada (Ontario preferred);
- Minimum 8 years of related experience;
- Experience leading multi-disciplinary teams of project professionals;
- Experience with major transportation infrastructure including highways, bridges, transit (LRT, BRT and subway), airports, etc.;
- Experience with P3 projects and / or other alternative project delivery models;
- Experience with both OE and Project Co. assignments is an asset;
- Strong understanding of the commercial relationships of a P3 and/or Alternative Delivery assignment model;
- Experience with Risk Registers in a P3 and/or Alternative Delivery context;
- Strategic, conceptual analytical thinking and decision making skills;
- Adaptability and flexibility including the ability to manage project deadlines;
- Experience with schedule software is an asset;
- Demonstrated willingness to learn;
- Strong interpersonal skills and enthusiastic team player;
- Excellent oral and written and presentation skills;
- Be flexible and have the ability to work on multiple projects of varied complexity with minimal supervision.
WSP Canada Inc.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP Canada Inc.