Apply Now Network Administrator
Halifax, NS, Canada Req #553
Thursday, January 17, 2019
Eastlink has held the designation as one of Canada's 50 Best Managed Companies for nine consecutive years by delivering world-class video entertainment and communications services to residential, business and public sector customers across Canada. Powered by state-of-the-art fibre optic and wireless networks, Eastlink's advanced services include Internet, wireless, TV, telephone, security and automation, data communications and exclusive, locally-produced programming on Eastlink TV.
As a member of the Internet Operations Team, the Network Administrator will be responsible for designing, supporting and implementing DSL, DOCSIS, Fixed Wireless and other IP related services and
technologies including routing and switching used in delivering our residential and small business Internet services.
You will work closely with other Network Administrators, colleagues in operations, technical support and
other teams to ensure a consistently high level of service is provided to our customers over the various networks you are responsible to support.
- Provide actionable plans to combat network performance issues as they appear
- Respond to technical support requests from Internal contacts such as Tier1 and Tier2 Support.
- Deploy and service various network elements such as switches, routers, access points and CMTS
- Act as a point of escalation for the technical support organization
- Provide management with insight into key issues on a regular basis
- Work as part of a departmental on-call rotation
- Maintain current knowledge on technology platforms you are responsible for
- Software and firmware maintenance on applicable platforms
- Manage project tasks efficiently and on-time
- Installation, Provisioning and Maintenance of network equipment
- Working closely with the Engineering staff in network deployment and maintenance
- Understand Technical Requirements for system operation and maintenance
- Cisco Certification desirable 2-5 Yrs Telecom or Cable Internet Engineering Experience
- Working knowledge of IP routing protocols
- Working knowledge of DSL
- Familiarity with DOCSIS protocol
- Experience with Cisco IP networks
- Experience with CMTS and HFC networks
Dedicated to representing all of the customers we serve, we embrace diversity throughout all levels of the organization and encourage members of equity groups to self identify during the application process.
- Job Family Engineering
- Job Function Individual Contributor
- Pay Type Salary
- Halifax, NS, Canada