Analyst - Sustainability & Energy
WSP in Vancouver, BC
WSP is one of the world's leading professional engineering services firms. Every day our more than 48,000 experts work to restore the natural environment and transform the built environment.
In Canada, our 8,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're a Forbes Top Employer in Canada, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects.
At WSP , we're proud, professional and passionate people, join our team.
WSP is currently seeking an Analyst - Sustainability and Energy to join our Buildings - Sustainability, located at our Vancouver, BC office. The successful candidate will have a background in buildings energy performance and analysis with 1-4 years of related experience.
- Be an active member of project teams working on greening new buildings, existing buildings, and/or communities;
- Provide technical support, perform calculations and contribute to certification applications (for example LEED or Envision);
- Responsible for project deliverables and outcomes such as building performance calculations (e.g. energy and water consumption, outdoor air supply) and summary reports;
- Perform site visits to evaluate current energy and/or water performance at existing buildings;
- Liaise with our energy modeling team on building simulations/analysis;
- Conduct research in green building technologies & design principles;
- Assist the team in developing visual reports and project correspondence;
- Help develop and/or improve internal processes and templates and promote best practices across the organization;
- Other duties as assigned/required.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering field, Mechanical Engineering or Systems Design is preferred;
- General knowledge of the principles of sustainable design practices, LEED AP designation is an asset;
- 1-4 years of related work experience;
- Previous experience in the sustainability field through academics or otherwise;
- Past co-op or summer work term experience in the engineering or construction industry strongly desired;
- Exceptional time-management and organizational skills; attention to detail and strong work ethic;
- Ability to learn quickly and incorporate feedback into future work;
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite including Word, Excel, Powerpoint;
- Proficiency with computer programming software is an asset (i.e. Java, Visual Basic, Advanced Excel functions);
- Strong oral and written communication skills including presentation skills;
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and adapt to shifting priorities;
- Collaborative mindset and proven ability to work in a team environment with success
WSP Canada Inc.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP Canada Inc.