Water and Wastewater Engineer
In Canada, more than 8,000 of our people foster innovation every day because we know that our future world will be vastly different from today. Our reach includes environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transport networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources. Through our Future Ready initiative, we bring clarity and vision to some of Canada's most complex challenges and opportunities.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're a Forbes Top Employer in Canada, one of the Corporate Knights' Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned ReNew Canada's Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects . In 2018, LinkedIn ranked us number 7 on their Top Companies list .
At WSP , we see the future more clearly and design for it today - we put innovation, and the highest ethical standards and professionalism at the centre of all we do. Find out what we have to offer.
WSP is currently hiring for a Water and Wastewater Engineer to join our Municipal Engineering department, located at our Kingston office. Reporting to the Manager this exciting opportunity will provide you with the chance to join a friendly, supportive and knowledgeable team. You will work on projects for both public and private clients, involving major water and wastewater pump stations, hydraulic modelling, reservoir, and treatment infrastructure. You may also be involved in general municipal watermain, sewage collection, stormwater management and road systems planning and design. As part of the design team you will deal directly with clients and approval agencies .
- Lead water and wastewater Class EA, master planning and design projects for public and private clients involving:
- water and wastewater pump stations;
- reservoirs; and
- treatment systems
- Work closely with clients and approval agencies;
- Develop scope definition for engineering services, establish basic design criteria for projects, approve project technical documentation, technical specifications, flow diagrams, drawings, etc.
- Able to model, analyze and interpret results and provide technical direction;
- Write and review technical reports;
- Direct, coordinate and supervise water and wastewater infrastructure-related activities of engineering and design groups, both from a technical and functional standpoint;
- Able to lead and manage existing and new projects, cooperate with various internal and external clients on large projects to carry out business development and prepare proposals for new work;
- Assure compliance with the project schedule, control estimates and quality procedures;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor degree in Engineering or other equivalent training;
- 5-10 years of relevant work experience as a licensed Professional Engineer;
- Hold a license from the Professional Engineers of Ontario;
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD an asset;
- Working knowledge of MS Word, MS Project and Excel and strong report writing skills;
- Extensive experience in proposal writing, preparation of proposal and contract documents;
- Canadian experience in engineering consulting is required;
- Strong leadership, mentorship and communication skills are required;
- Good initiative, attention to details;
- Ability to work in a team environment.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for those taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only those selected will be contacted.
WSP Canada Inc.