Tree Planter Student Job - Summer 2019 - Central NB Woodlands
Central NB Woodlands in Chipman, NB
The Woodlands Division is looking to hire 100 energetic and motivated Tree Planters to join our team for summer 2019. Reporting to the Crew Chief, Tree Planters are paid based on the number of trees planted. The more you plant, the more you earn!
Who You Are:
- At least 16 years of age
- Completion of high school diploma and/or enrolled in a recognized post-secondary institution is preferred
- Physically fit
- Positive attitude
- High energy
- Outdoor enthusiast
- Planting seedlings across various terrains.
- Achieving daily production and quality targets.
- Following silviculture best management practices.
- Adhering to and promoting safety procedures and safe work practices.
What We Offer:
- Competitive wages, paid on individual production and quality.
- Learning curve pay subsidy.
- Opportunity to purchase gear (e.g. planting bag, spade) at employee pricing.
- Internal promotion opportunities for student roles (co-op and summer) and full-time careers upon graduation.
- Transportation to/from planting sites every day.
- Additional wages for planters who drive other planters to/from planting sites (JDI vehicle provided; class 5 driver's license required).
- Potential for additional work after the planting season ends.
- Post-secondary school scholarships.
- Outside in all weather conditions and elements (rain, heat, bugs, etc.)
- Physically demanding
- Strong, team-based environment
- Repetitive work
- Monday to Friday:
- Up to 10 hours/day of work
- Up to 2 hours/day of driving
- Season Length: End of April - August (Weather dependent)
At J.D. Irving, Limited, responsible forest management is a very important matter for us. It means that our forests are ecologically sustainable, cost-effective and that they are managed in a responsible manner on a social level. For over 60 years, our company invested every year in tree planting. So far, we have planted over 1 billion trees, a national record in Canada! Come join us to grow your career!
Founded in 1882, J.D. Irving, Limited (JDI) has operations in Eastern Canada (New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, Quebec, Ontario, Newfoundland and Labrador), and the United States. We are a team of 15,000 dedicated employees.
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please apply online to submit your interest for this opportunity. Your application will be reviewed when vacancies arise throughout the spring.
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here .
J.D. Irving, Limited, Woodlands Division is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.