Registered Nurse (Permanent Full Time), Neonatal ICU
Horizon Health Network is an equal opportunity employer.
COMPETITION #: 2018-34945a External
BARGAINING UNIT: NBNU
ZONE: Saint John
DEPARTMENT: Neonatal ICU
FACILITY: Saint John Regional Hospital
POSTING TYPE: Permanent Full Time
JOB TITLE: Registered Nurse
CLASSIFICATION: RNCA Registered Nurse Class A
LANGUAGE: English Essential
HOURS OF WORK: Day; Evening, Nights Rotating, Subject to change due to operational requirements
SALARY: $31.23 to $39.57 per hour
To work as part of a team in providing developmentally-supportive, Family-Centered Care to critically ill and developing neonates
- Currently registered with the Nurses Association of New Brunswick
- Experience with in the last 5 years, minimum 1 year NNICU experience and/or two (2) years of medical/surgical nursing of pediatric age children
- Must obtain competency in NRP, Breast Feeding Module and the ability to work as a level 3 Neonatal Nurse within a one (1) year period
- Demonstrates ability to work in a collaborative team environment providing direction to LPN's caring for newborns in the Neonatal ICU
- Current Perinatal experience
- Current CPR certification
- Good previous work record
- Good attendance record
- Physically able to perform assigned duties
- High regard for confidentiality and advocacy for patients
- Demonstrated initiative and good judgement
- Ability to communicate effectively and pleasantly with patients, families, staff, physicians and the general public
- Ability to attend work on a regular basis.
- Ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Good work record.
- Written and spoken competence in English is required
- Works co-operatively with other health care personnel and delegates, consults and refers appropriately
- Directs and supervises non-professional staff
- Interacts with the patient care team to identify, plan, implement and evaluate changes.
- Demonstrates the purpose and benefits of providing Developmental Care
- Uses the Nursing Process in assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating the care of the critically ill and developing neonates
- Plans and identifies discharge/community needs for the infant and family while respecting family values, norms and language
- Demonstrates leadership through appropriate time management, teaching and health promotion to individuals or groups
- Provides support and works with student personnel to ensure a positive learning experience
- Obtains and maintains required training and qualifications (i.e. Professional Registration, CPR,
- WHIMMIS, Fire/Disaster, Neonatal Resuscitation Program, and identified Advanced Nursing
- Competencies (venipuncture, IV therapy, )
- Participates in programs promoting quality improvement in NNICU
- Demonstrates competent use of equipment used in this nursing care area (i.e. Isolettes, Infant
- Warmers, Breast Pumps, , Infant scales, Vital Sign Monitors, etc)
- Willingness to cross train within the Maternal child health program to meet operational requirements
- These job duties are only the basic and prime duties of the job, related and allied duties may be assigned from time to time as may be necessary to the operation of the hospital.
Applications for this position must be submitted on-line by November 14, 2018.
NOTE: There will be no further postings for this position should there be no fully qualified applicants. If you wish to be considered for this position and have most of the qualifications as posted and the registration or licensure where required, you are encouraged to apply at this time
Please quote Competition # 2018-34945a-External. Horizon Health Network appreciates expressed interest, however, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Human Resources Department, Horizon Health Network.