Energy Co-ordinator (Permanent Full Time), SJRH Plant Operation
Horizon Health Network is an equal opportunity employer.
COMPETITION #: 2018-35162 External
BARGAINING UNIT: Non-Bargaining
ZONE: Saint John
DEPARTMENT: SJRH Plant Operation
FACILITY: Saint John Regional Hospital
POSTING TYPE: Permanent Full Time
JOB TITLE: Energy Co-Ordinator
CLASSIFICATION: Non Bargaining
LANGUAGE: English Essential
HOURS OF WORK: Day, Subject to change due to operational requirements
SALARY: $24.83 to $34.72 per hour (Payband 4)
To minimize energy consumption and related maintenance work, while maintaining comfort and safe conditions. The Energy Center Coordinator will be responsible for this zones HVAC control and energy tracking computer system in order to achieve this purpose.
- Must have a Class 2 Power Engineering License.
- Must have Grade 12 High School Graduation or equivalent.
- Professional designation of Certified Energy Manager (CEM), preferred.
- Ability to manage budget and personnel.
- Recommend having a two-year mechanical or Electrical Technology program
- Recommend Certified and a member in good standing with the New Brunswick Society of Certified Engineering and Technicians and Technologist (NBSETT)
- Must be familiar with utilizing building management systems software.
- Must have experience with providing reports on MS Word & MS Excel.
- Recommend minimum of 5 years experience in Power Engineering.
- Recommend minimum of 5 years experience with Mechanical and HVAC Systems, codes, standards and operations
- Recommend minimum of 2-5 years experience in Energy Management.
- Strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to perform assigned duties without constant supervision.
- Physically able to perform assigned duties.
- Good previous work record and attendance record.
- Demonstrate initiative and good judgement.
- Demonstrated adherence to legislation and Health Authority confidentiality policy to ensure all patient, business, financial and employee information is accessed on an as need to know basis.
- Patient Safety is a critical aspect of quality healthcare. Successful candidates must be accountable for creating a culture of safety, working as a team, communicating effectively and responding to adverse events.
- Written and spoken competence in English is required.
**A Resume (C.V.) is required as part of the application**
- Oversees the day to day Operations of the Boiler Plant.
- Supervises both the Boiler Plant Operators and Building System Operators.
- Monitors energy consumption on a daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and a yearly basis.
- Provides monthly report to Physical Resources Manager/Director.
- Ordering and maintaining an inventory of equipment and Supplies
- Recommends policy/procedure and system changes to decrease energy consumption.
- Recommends economic studies for equipment replacement, modification, updating etc.
- Promotes effective energy standardization throughout the zone by actively interacting with zone staff.
- Carries out special assignments as directed by the Manager/Director of Physical Resources.
- Manages building control systems in software upgrades and specifies equipment upgrades for Control systems.
- Review and recommend maintenance supply and equipment purchases
- Review and recommend energy purchase agreements regarding energy fuel selection.
- Responsible for scheduling and time keeping of operators for their shifts.
- Will participate in management on call rotation for Physical Resources department.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Applications for this position must be submitted on-line by November 14, 2018.
NOTE: There will be no further postings for this position should there be no fully qualified applicants. If you wish to be considered for this position and have most of the qualifications as posted and the registration or licensure where required, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
Please quote Competition # 2018-35162-External. Horizon Health Network appreciates expressed interest, however, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Human Resources Department, Horizon Health Network.