Registered Nurse Class Supervisor (Permanent Full Time), MIRH Nurs Admin
Horizon Health Network is an equal opportunity employer.
COMPETITION #: 2018-35224 External
BARGAINING UNIT: NBNU-Nurse Managers and Nursing Supervisors
DEPARTMENT: MIRH Nurs Admin
FACILITY: Miramichi Regional Hospital
POSTING TYPE: Permanent Full Time
JOB TITLE: Registered Nurse Class Supervisor
CLASSIFICATION: Registered Nursing Class Supervisor (RNCSU)
LANGUAGE: English Essential
HOURS OF WORK: Rotating Days, Nights, Subject to change due to operational requirements
SALARY: $36.71 to $44.66 per hour
The Nursing Supervisor is responsible for coordinating bed utilization activities to ensure the optimal management and utilization of beds and oversight for the administrative functioning of the hospital during weekdays and weekends. The Nursing Supervisor is responsible to the Administration on Call and reports to the Nursing Resource Coordinator.
- Current registration with NANB
- Possess Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing
- Minimum 5 years nursing experience
- Progressive nursing experience in which leadership ability and confidence in nursing has been demonstrated
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- High level of maturity and initiative
- Able to function independently
- Must demonstrate good working knowledge of hospital organization, departmental authority and responsibilities, administrative and nursing policies and procedures
- Ability to attend work on a regular basis.
- Ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Good work record.
- Written and spoken competence in English is required
The Nursing Supervisor is responsible for:
- Functioning as Bed Utilization Coordinator to optimize hospital functioning during weekday operations
- Assisting with staffing requirements by assigning staff to meet current patient care needs during weekday operations and acts as Nurse Manager delegate relating to staffing concerns during evenings, nights and weekends
- Evaluating nursing resources and trends for the best utilization of available resources including sitter approval
- Acting as a clinical resource as required; knowledgeable of staffs that are delegated to perform advanced nursing procedures.
- Works with Managers (e.g. Quality, Risk Management, Bed Utilization) and assists the Nursing Resource Coordinator with various projects
- Acting with the highest level of decision making within nursing for current situation to meet patient care needs
- Attending appropriate meetings as required, such as Nursing Leaders in Action
- Assigning Code Blue Team at the start of each shift
- Assisting in unit producing work in time of critical work overload
- Playing a leadership role in emergency situations both clinical and non-clinical emergencies
- Developing and maintaining good public relation skills with patients, public, hospital staff and physicians
- Assisting with emergency air transfers and appropriate communication to the facilities
- Dispensing from pharmacy night cupboard as required
- Adhering to all hospital policies and operations while supporting staff where appropriate in interpretation of policies
- Approving maintenance callbacks for emergency situations
- Supervising employees in relation to Code of Conduct policy HHN-OD-007 and communicating concerns to appropriate Manager
- Acting as the on-site administrative representative during evenings, nights and weekends * Informing physicians of appropriate hospital procedures and processes when necessary
- Communicating to Administration any serious issues and acting as community liaison
- Initiating Emergency/Disaster Plan in absence of on duty Administration with coordination of Administration on call
Competencies identified by Horizon Health Network:
- Analytical Thinking
- Attention to Detail
- Communication Interpersonal Relations
- Patient/Client Focus
- Planning and Prioritizing Work
- Results Orientation
- Stress Management
- Teamwork and Collaboration
Applications for this position must be submitted on-line by November 14, 2018.
NOTE: There will be no further postings for this position should there be no fully qualified applicants. If you wish to be considered for this position and have most of the qualifications as posted and the registration or licensure where required, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
Please quote Competition # 2018-35224-External. Horizon Health Network appreciates expressed interest, however, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Human Resources Department, Horizon Health Network.