WSP in New Westminster, BC
WSP is one of the world's leading professional engineering services firms. Every day our more than 48,000 experts work to restore the natural environment and transform the built environment.
In Canada, our 8,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're a Forbes Top Employer in Canada, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects.
At WSP , we're proud, professional and passionate people, join our team.
WSP is currently seeking a Junior/Intermediate Contract Administrator for Land Development and Municipal projects based out of our New Westminster office. Reporting to the Infrastructure Manager, this position will be responsible for project and contract management for various phases of Land Development and Municipal projects.
- Prepare project contracts and specifications ensuring all phases of construction are encompassed;
- Prepare and submit progress claim certificates based on Contractor/WSP project coordinator submitted quantities. Includes review, negotiating and approval of force accounts and change orders;
- Administer the contract tendering process based on schedule of quantities provided from Project Management group;
- Conduct kick off and weekly progress meetings through the life of the contract;
- Negotiation of contractual disputes;
- Oversee designated Administrative Assistant to ensure that all documentation, digital files, and emails are correctly categorized and stored;
- Review design drawings for constructability and compliance with local regulations;
- Health & Safety duties including preparation of Project Specific Safe Work Plans (PSSWP);
- Coordinate sub-contractor and sub consultants for specified contract components;
- Build positive relationships with clients, contractors, and sub consultants; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Civil or Construction Engineering Technology or Civil Engineering graduate with 2+ years of related experience in earthworks, sewer, water main and road construction methods and process;
- Ability to interpret construction drawings and specifications;
- Working knowledge in civil 3D, Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook is valuable;
- Excellent communication skills - written and verbal, including teamwork and interpersonal abilities;
- Comfortable conducting project meetings and answering general project related questions;
- Comfortable in working independently in both an office and field environment; and
- A suitable working vehicle and valid driver's license are required for this position.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP Canada Inc.
New Westminster, BC