In Canada, more than 8,000 of our people foster innovation every day because we know that our future world will be vastly different from today. Our reach includes environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transport networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources. Through our Future Ready initiative, we bring clarity and vision to some of Canada's most complex challenges and opportunities.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're a Forbes Top Employer in Canada, one of the Corporate Knights' Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned ReNew Canada's Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects . In 2018, LinkedIn ranked us number 7 on their Top Companies list .
At WSP , we see the future more clearly and design for it today - we put innovation, and the highest ethical standards and professionalism at the centre of all we do. Find out what we have to offer.
Do you enjoy the strategy, creativity and pursuit involved in generating winning bids and proposals? If you are seeking a winning team to make valuable contributions to future awards, consider joining WSP! We are seeking a Proposal Coordinator to join our Buildings group, located in our Vancouver, BC office.
As a key member of our proposal and business development team, you will be actively involved in researching prospective projects, taking the lead in proposal preparation, liaising with consultants and working closely with the business development team.
You have terrific interpersonal and communication skills and are energized by working in a collaborative, deadline driven environment with a variety of people. To be chosen for this role, you must have prior experience in proposal development and effective written and verbal communication skills. A high level of attention to detail and an ability to meet deadlines are both important keys to success in this role.
- Understand and apply proposal development processes and methodologies.
- On all proposals, develop a proposal outline document, schedule/facilitate contributions of all parties, ensure RFP compliance, draft standard proposal sections, facilitate reviews, identify gaps within draft responses and perform quality control on final document.
- Manage the proposal response effort including coordinating necessary meetings and acting as the central point of communication for the proposal response team.
- Participate in proposal strategy and review meetings. Where several disciplines are involved in a submission, coordinate the information of the various disciplines in such a manner that the submission has a uniform and coherent appearance.
- Write various proposal sections, including executive summaries, project descriptions (qualification summaries), matrices and CVs as required.
- Where appropriate, work with other proposal coordinators, graphic designers, technical resources, legal professionals and other internal resources to complete and submit the proposal.
- Conduct post-proposal evaluations and client debriefs to obtain insights for improving the proposal process.
- Assist with managing, monitoring and maintaining the proposal database, files, and systems through appropriate information management systems. Keep accurate records on proposals in progress, completed, wins, losses, etc.
- Other duties as assigned/required.
- 3+ years of experience in proposal development or similar environment. Candidates with previous experience working in Engineering Consulting or Professional Services firms are preferred.
- Self-motivated with the initiative to go above and beyond the task at hand.
- Effective multitasker who is capable of handling shifting priorities within a demanding deadline-orientated environment.
- Ability to work in a team environment, working towards common goals and objectives.
- Ability and self-confidence to organize, conduct and facilitate project meetings.
- Strong English language and writing skills - including attention to detail and ability to proofread and edit material, as well as an aptitude for understanding technical terminology.
- Ability to establish and maintain strong, positive internal and external relationships with a range of stakeholders from senior level management to design and administrative staff.
- Strong computer skills: Proficiency in MS Office; Adobe Creative Suite including InDesign and Photoshop is desirable.
- Flexibility to work overtime to meet proposal deadlines as required.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP Canada Inc.