Full Time Permanent
Competition # NB18031
Medavie Health Services New Brunswick is the subsidiary of Medavie Health Services responsible for the optimal operation and management of EM/ANB, an integrated, service-led primary health care organization. People are the biggest drivers of our success, and we are excited to continue to building a healthier New Brunswick together. As the management company for Ambulance New Brunswick and the Extra-Mural Program, we're looking for a Receptionist to help us ensure patients receive exemplary, highly coordinated primary health care in the right place, from the right provider, at the right time.
Medavie Health Services is part of Medavie, a health services organization. Together with Medavie Blue Cross, we are committed to providing innovative solutions that will improve the health of all Canadians.
As a not-for-profit organization, Medavie is proud to commit an annual social dividend to the Medavie Health Foundation to support programs and initiatives aimed at addressing some of our country's most pressing physical and mental health coverage.
As the first point of contact for customers, calling in or visiting our office, the Receptionist's goal is to create a friendly, welcoming atmosphere, and provide fantastic customer service. The candidate will be responsible for greeting visitors, guiding them properly as well as taking and directing calls while providing courteous and quality service that reflects the company's image. Reporting to the Accounting, Supervisor, the Receptionist will also provide day to day business support and service for MHSNB.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- taking, screening and forwarding calls, or, as appropriate, providing accurate information;
- greeting visitors at the reception desk in a pleasant, courteous and professional manner while maintaining a neat and orderly reception desk at all times;
- distributing security access cards;
- dating, sorting and distributing a large volume of time sensitive incoming mail, faxes and other correspondences;
- operating the postage meter and accurately maintaining a daily log of postage amount usage;
- sorting outgoing and incoming mail and courier packages;
- ordering and maintaining stationery, office supplies, etc., following the MHSNB purchasing guidelines;
- accepting customer bill payments and reconcile the payments at the end of each day;
- other duties and projects as assigned by the Supervisor.
As the ideal candidate for this role, you:
- possess a post-secondary education in office administration with a minimum three years related office experience preferably in the health care industry or equivalent combination of experience and education;
- have strong computer skills and proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint);
- are well organized with the ability to prioritize workload;
- are committed to respecting company and client confidentiality with an ability to demonstrate discretion;
- are a self-motivated team player and able to work independently;
- possess excellent typing skills with high attention to detail;
- communicate in a clear and concise manner both verbally and written, especially dealing with issues of a sensitive or difficult nature;
- are comfortable working in a fast paced environment with demanding turn-around times.
Bilingualism is required for this position.
If you are interested in working with a dynamic team of professionals and possess the necessary qualifications, please send your resume with cover letter to email@example.com. Please include the competition number in the file name along with your first and last name.
Competition closes November 12, 2018.
You will receive an automatic e-mail confirmation upon successful receipt of your application. No phone calls please.
We would like to thank all candidates for expressing interest. Please note only those selected for interviews will be contacted.