Vice-President - Clinical Services
NOTE: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT: Management and Non Bargaining
ZONE : Zone 1 - Beauséjour
FACILITY : Dr-Georges-L.-Dumont University Hospital Centre
DEPARTMENT : Clinical Services
CLASSIFICATION : Vice-President - Clinical Services
STATUS : Permanent full-time
FTE : 1.0
ANTICIPATED DATE : October 2018
HOURS OF WORK :
Monday to Friday, with flexibility in working outside of regular working hours
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
Vitalité Health Network is looking for an experienced clinical leader for the position of Vice-President of Clinical Services who will report directly to the President and Chief Executive Officer. As a strategic leader, the incumbent will lead the integration of clinical programs and services and contribute to the modernization and transformation of the delivery of care and services within the Network and the province. The Vice-President of Clinical Services will also be required to establish the vision and guide clinical services toward implementation of best practices, collaborative management, and an effective model of interdisciplinary practice. The Vice-President of Clinical Services will also be responsible for nursing practice and community relations in the Beauséjour Zone.
- Master in business administration, public administration, or health care services administration;
- Excellent knowledge of the health care setting in the province and elsewhere in Canada;
- Extensive and progressive experience managing clinical services, preferably with some experience in a nursing leadership position;
- Any equivalent combination of training and experience may be taken into consideration.
- Be accountable for the quality and cost-effectiveness of clinical programs and services;
- Promote a practice environment that empowers clinicians to provide safe, effective, compassionate, and efficient care;
- Act as an internal "change agent" influencing change to support quality (leadership) management environments, influencing manager-to-leader professional development;
- Model fiscal responsibility through resources cost-effective leadership consistent with the Network's goals and objectives;
- Be responsible for maintaining structures and processes to facilitate both vertical and horizontal communication in a timely manner;
- Assure quality patient outcomes through research-based clinical practice by creating an environment that encourages the use of research in practice;
- Use research in decision-making to maintain high quality, cost-effective care;
- Be responsible for creating a work environment that facilitates and encourages staff involvement in critical thinking to enact professional practice;
- Collaborate with other executives in the organization in making decisions about health care services, settings, and organizational priorities;
- Manage multiple projects and priorities as well as the stress associated with balancing priorities and meeting deadlines;
- Analyze issues and data for hospital and system-wide impact and long-range effects;
- Set and meet well-articulated, individual and team, high performance expectations;
- Deliver on commitments;
- Help others and personally respond well to ambiguity, uncertainty, and change;
- Energize people around organizational objectives;
- Surface and resolve conflict to create better solutions;
- Encourage people to speak their minds and express their feelings and ideas without fear;
- Be decisive and able to make difficult decisions;
- Coach others in developing their skills;
- Act with integrity and treat people with respect;
- Solve problems by bringing information and people together, setting up timetables, and taking action;
- Handle underperformance, difficult, or tense situations directly and with diplomacy and tact.
Written and spoken knowledge of French and English is required. To apply, please submit a letter of interest, a detailed resume, and an action plan covering the first 90 days of your integration into the position prior to October 15, 2018.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.