Project Engineer, Land Development
WSP in New Westminster, BC
WSP is one of the world's leading professional engineering services firms. Every day our more than 48,000 experts work to restore the natural environment and transform the built environment.
In Canada, our 8,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're a Forbes Top Employer in Canada, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects.
At WSP , we're proud, professional and passionate people, join our team.
WSP is currently seeking a Project Engineer, Land Development to join our Infrastructure group, located at our New Westminster office. Reporting to the Infrastructure Manager, this position will work on Land Development projects for residential, commercial and industrial projects. You will apply your experience on preliminary engineering, due diligence reports, earthworks, site servicing, field inspections, proposal development, project management, and other related activities.
- Due Diligence reports
- Preliminary design;
- Site grading / earthworks calculations;
- Detailed Design of roadworks and site servicing including water supply systems, sanitary sewers, stormwater management, lot grading, streetlighting and erosion and sediment control during construction;
- Contract Administration;
- Proposal development; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- An undergraduate degree in civil engineering from an accredited university;
- 3+ years of progressive experience in the design of land development and municipal infrastructure projects;
- Registration in good standing as a P.Eng. in British Columbia, or eligibility to be registered;
- Knowledge of Lower Mainland land development markets with established local client relationships is an asset;
- Experience with all levels of municipal government, construction contractors and developers;
- Excellent written and verbal communications, and presentation skills;
- High attention to detail, and an ability to work well as a team player; and
- Experience with AutoCAD and Civil3D as well as municipal infrastructure modelling software is an asset.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP Canada Inc.
New Westminster, BC