National Risk Manager
In Canada, more than 8,000 of our people foster innovation every day because we know that our future world will be vastly different from today. Our reach includes environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transport networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources. Through our Future Ready initiative, we bring clarity and vision to some of Canada's most complex challenges and opportunities.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're a Forbes Top Employer in Canada, one of the Corporate Knights' Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned ReNew Canada's Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects . In 2018, LinkedIn ranked us number 7 on their Top Companies list .
At WSP , we see the future more clearly and design for it today - we put innovation, and the highest ethical standards and professionalism at the centre of all we do. Find out what we have to offer.
WSP is currently looking for a National Risk Manager to join our Transportation Business Line. Reporting to the PMO, this role is responsible for developing, applying and maintaining risk management processes and systems for project level risks. The National Risk Manager is responsible for providing planned, systematic project risk management expertise, support and oversight to ensure that risks are managed effectively to support projects being delivered in a timely, safe, cost effective manner, with the required level of quality.
- Establishing, reviewing and maintaining project risk registers to identify and quantify risks and their potential impact;
- Compiling, analyzing and reporting on risk data, issues and critical interdependencies between projects and between external stakeholders;
- Facilitating workshops and interviews with project staff for risk identification, assessment, prioritization and development/reviews of risk management response strategies, and monitoring and control of risks;
- Developing and running risk profiles at pursuit, project and program levels and establishing levels of confidence for specific outcomes;
- Conducting training and education sessions for Project teams, Risk Owners and stakeholders;
- Other duties as assigned/required.
- A relevant University degree in an Engineering related discipline, plus 5-7 years of experience in a risk management function in project management, construction and engineering environment;
- PMP (Project Management Professional) and PMI-RMP professional certifications or the equivalent are assets;
- Sound knowledge of project risk management principles, methods and processes. Comprehensive knowledge of risk management standards;
- Excellent understanding of scheduling and estimating processes;
- Extensive experience facilitating workshops;
- Experience in development in reporting on risk management;
- Extensive experience with construction methods and practices and the project management environment;
- Extensive experience in the assessment, analysis, management, mitigation and oversight of risks that would be associated with the project management and construction projects;
- Knowledge and experience in the application of Monte Carlo risk analysis software applications at project and program levels;
- Excellent computer skills (MS Word, Excel, SharePoint, PowerPoint, Outlook);
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP Canada Inc.