The New Brunswick Association for Community Living (NBACL) is looking for an enthusiastic, energetic individual committed to the vision, values and philosophy of inclusion.
The Community Animator position is part of a Social Inclusion Program for persons with disabilities in New Brunswick. This position will be located in Edmundston and the successful candidate will work in the Edmundston area. This is a part-time contract position for 20 hours/week.
The Community Animator will assist individuals with an intellectual disability to develop opportunities for social inclusion within their communities.
· Development of personal support networks;
· Facilitating connections to community;
· Developing partnerships with community organizations to promote inclusive practices.
· Post-secondary education in the social sciences or human services and/or equivalent combination of education and experience;
· Valid driver's license, a reliable vehicle necessary for work related duties and willingness to travel throughout the assigned work area and province;
· Strong computer skills and demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office applications;
· Ability to work independently and work flexible hours;
· Current and valid Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Persons Check.