Public Health Manager
Note: Applicants must attach their Resumé to the application form.
BARGAINING UNIT: Management and Non-Bargaining
ZONE: Zone 6 - Acadie-Bathurst
FACILITY: Public Health - Bathurst
STATUS: Permanent Full Time
ANTICIPATED START DATE: November 26, 2018
HOURS OF WORK:
Monday to Friday
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
Reporting to the Regional Director of Public Health, the Manager is responsible for the planning, delivery and evaluation of the programs and services under his or her supervision. He or she is responsible for the management of human, physical, material and financial resources as well as ensuring the quality of care and services provided.
- Bachelor's degree in a health or health-related discipline;
- Attestation of a certificate in health management or in front-line leadership, or an equivalent;
- Three years' experience in health-care management and five years' recent work experience in Public Health and/or in community health;
- An equivalent combination of training and experience could be taken into consideration;
- Knowledge in population health approach, health promotion, disease and injury prevention as well as current trends and issues in public health;
- Commitment to take the designated education as per set deadlines;
- Recognized skills in communication and interpersonal relationships;
- Recognized skills in leadership, problem-solving, team work approach and change management;
- Recognized skills in management of human, physical, material and financial resources;
- Demonstrate good judgment and initiative;
- Practical knowledge of Microsoft Office and Meditech;
- Ability to travel within the Zone and the province as needed;
- Ability to work independently and as a team member;
- Physical ability to perform assigned duties;
- Good previous work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethics principles, to the Network management philosophy and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality established by the Vitalité Health Network.
Written and spoken competence in French and spoken competence in English are required.
Salary commensurate with provincial scale for management staff.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Vitalité Health Network is a smoke-free environment