Project Controls Analyst
WSP in Oakville, ON
WSP is one of the world's leading professional engineering services firms. Every day our more than 48,000 experts work to restore the natural environment and transform the built environment.
In Canada, our 8,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're a Forbes Top Employer in Canada, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects.
At WSP , we're proud, professional and passionate people, join our team.
WSP is currently seeking a Project Controls Analyst to join our Transportation business line, located at our Oakville office. Reporting to the Manager, Transportation Planning, this position will be responsible for providing support and assistance to the Project Managers and to the project teams. The Project Controls Analyst supports the Project Manager with project financials and overall project reporting, including billing, accounts receivables, change orders, project schedule management and report writing. As a member of the Transportation group, you will be given opportunities to apply your education and experience on complex projects. You will be challenged to manage multiple priorities, multiple projects, meet tight deadlines, and maintain a very high quality work standard. You will gain knowledge through mentorship and skills development.
- Work with multi -disciplinary teams of Project Managers, Engineers, Planners, Designers and Contract Administrators, Sub-Consultants, and other staff as required;
- Provide support to the project managers by providing forward looking financial and schedule data;
- Provide direct administrative management support to the project managers by maintaining schedules and calendars and tracking ongoing commitments and upcoming deadlines;
- Organize billing drafts, collect sub-consultant receivables and register invoices in the system;
- Compiling monthly invoices and following up for approval and payment;
- Manage and monitor timelines related to submissions or review process by email notification and reminders;
- Preparation of Project Status Reports (PSR);
- Assist in preparing reporting packages to project and corporate management teams;
- Document control including submission, quality control and filing;
- Preparation of Change Orders, Non-disclosure Agreements and Insurance Documentation;
- Preparation of Design Management, Project Management Plans and Sub-Consultant Agreements;
- Work closely with the project team to maintain a current status of issues and changes;
- Other duties as assigned/required.
- Post-secondary diploma or degree (project management, finance or business preferred);
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in project controls, 6 to 9 years of experience preferred;
- Previous relevant experience in engineering industry is an asset;
- Knowledge and experience with Vision is an asset;
- Adaptability and flexibility including ability to manage deadline pressure, ambiguity and change;
- Ability to multi-task, work on several projects or tasks at once, manage time, organize, and set priorities;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills as the role requires continuous interaction with team members;
- Strong communications skills, both written and verbal, including report writing, editing and proofreading abilities;
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office suite and Outlook. Highly advanced Microsoft Excel skills and/or MS Project skills is an asset;
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills are a must;
- Exceptional interpersonal, analytical and organizational skills;
- Knowledge of ProjectWise and/or Sharepoint is an asset;
- Travel required to the Thornhill office for meetings.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP Canada Inc.