Quality Manager - Transportation Civil Engineering (National Scope)
QUEBEC or ONTARIO LOCATION
In Canada, more than 8,000 of our people foster innovation every day because we know that our future world will be vastly different from today. Our reach includes environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transport networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources. Through our Future Ready initiative, we bring clarity and vision to some of Canada's most complex challenges and opportunities.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're a Forbes Top Employer in Canada, one of the Corporate Knights' Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned ReNew Canada's Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects . In 2018, LinkedIn ranked us number 7 on their Top Companies list .
At WSP , we see the future more clearly and design for it today - we put innovation, and the highest ethical standards and professionalism at the centre of all we do. Find out what we have to offer.
WSP is currently seeking a Quality Manager to join our Transportation Business Line. Reporting to the PMO, Transportation, this role can be located at any of our major centers across Canada. In this position you will be responsible for assisting in the development of project specific Quality Plans and support in implementing Transportation's Quality Program and / or client Quality Programs, administering Quality training relating to Client specific requirements across the Transportation Business Line.
- Support in the implementation of the Transportation Quality Program across Canada;
- Support our Quality Manager to develop project specific Quality Plans in all Transportation offices across Canada;
- Direct and oversee timely Quality Audits to ensure project services and deliverables meet Quality Plan requirements and prepare corresponding reports;
- Identify and recommend improvements to the National QA/QC documents and procedures;
- Participate in overseeing, identifying, documenting non-conformances and manage Corrective and Preventative Actions in accordance with WSP's Quality Program;
- Assist design teams in developing Project Specific Quality Plans;
- Direct / oversee the preparation and submission of project quality documentation to clients, and when necessary, prepare and submit the quality documents, and specifically for Major Projects in pursuit or execution phase;
- Support in providing QC process and procedures training to staff;
- Support in providing QC procedures guidance and support to office and field staff;
- Liaise with clients regarding quality management matters, including maintaining and updating quality plan registrations;
- Maintain and manage client's interactive quality portals and systems such as MTO RAQs for the Transportation Business Line;
- Produce and present regular reports summarizing the results of QC/QA training, implementation, auditing and all other activities undertaken or recommended;
- Other duties as assigned/required.
- Undergraduate degree or college diploma in an engineering, or quality assurance discipline or related field;
- Registration as a Professional Engineer;
- Minimum 5 years of related experience in a project environment, including understanding and implementation of quality management principles and procedures (ISO 9001 or similar);
- ISO Internal / Lead Auditor certification from recognized service provider is an asset;
- Bilingual in English/French would be an asset;
- Proficient in data collection, analysis and presentation;
- A self-starter with strong organizational skills and the ability to take initiative and work with minimal supervision;
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Experience with MS Office suite and other computer skills, such as tools required for commenting drawings and documentation;
- Familiarity with Design-Build design processes an asset;
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate to all levels of the company;
- Technical background in design or construction of Transportation Infrastructure, a definite asset;
- Some travel is required for the purpose of training at other offices or site audits.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP Canada Inc.