Senior/Intermediate Environmental Technologist
Established in 1961, Englobe Corp. is one of Canada's leading geotechnical, construction materials and environmental firms, offering a comprehensive range of professional services to a wide array of clients. Englobe operates 60 offices across Canada and has a current full-time staff of over 2000 employees nationwide.
If you are looking for a challenge in a team-oriented, friendly and respectful work environment on a growing team, we would love to hear from you. Englobe is currently looking for an Intermediate Environmental Technologist to join its Toronto office. More specifically, you will:
- Reporting to the Team Leader, your main task will be to co-ordinate and complete assigned activities with respect to the implementation and management of environmental projects including but not limited to:
- Perform Phased Environmental Site Assessments, including historical research, site inspections and soil and groundwater sampling programs;
- Carry out surveys for Designated Substances and other Hazardous Materials;
- Supervise and verify site remediation and tank removal activities;
- Air quality monitoring;
- Preparation of field notes, data analysis and evaluation;
- Participate in technical report and proposal writing; and,
- Develop and maintain client relationships.
- University Degree or College Diploma in Environmental Engineering, Earth Sciences or an environmental related field;
- Minimum 5 years of relevant environmental assessment/field experience;
- Member of Professional Engineer and Geoscientists of Ontario or Association of Engineering Technicians and Technologists of Ontario;
- Working knowledge of both provincial and federal environmental regulations;
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills;
- Experience in supervising contractors on the work site;
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and able to complete work within established time frames;
- Team-oriented and an excellent communicator;
- Valid driver's license; and,
- Willingness and ability to travel throughout Ontario on an occasional basis.
Englobe Corp. adheres to employment equity and equal opportunity programs and encourages all women, visible minorities, Aboriginals and disabled persons to apply. Only selected candidates will be contacted.