The Workspace Planner role is critical to Office Interiors because they prepare all the drawings related to the installation of commercial furniture. They also help out our salespeople when they meet with clients to ensure that the space will work for all involved. This is a job - and a career - for someone technically-minded who likes to see others "love the way they work". Our newest Workspace Planner will have an opportunity to learn all about high-quality commercial furniture, and associated products, from established salespeople and dedicated manufacturer representatives. So, if you have a love for people, a passion for planning and an entrepreneurial appetite, we'd like to meet you and tell you more about us and the position.
In the meantime, a little about Office Interiors and the job. We celebrated our 25th year in business in 2016, and have transitioned from four employees in a small office space in the Brewery Market in downtown Halifax, to over one hundred people in Atlantic Canada and three Showrooms in Nova Scotia and New Brunswick. We sell just about everything that goes inside an office space - chairs, workstations, office suites, filing cabinets, modular walls, raised flooring, carpet, photocopiers, faxes, scanners, mailing systems, phone systems, associated software, consumables…to name a few. We've been recognized in our industries with the "Haworth Award for Quality" and Haworth's "BEST in Class" award, along with being one of the eight imaging dealerships certified by Pros Elite 100. In regards to the role, you will be reporting to one of our Account Managers, and will be charged with helping salespeople with a variety of projects. Whether it's an entire workspace re-location, building office space, or the addition of a filing cabinet, the Workspace Planner assists those in need of help - sort of like a superhero in a mask. The difference is that you will be recognized for your outstanding efforts.
We're looking for someone who:
- wants to be their own boss - we want you to be an entrepreneur within our business.
- loves to - and is excited by - meeting new people and building long-term relationships.
- is a great communicator who can tell our story - and relay product benefits - easily and openly.
- wants to learn - and grow professionally - and become a trusted resource to our customers.
- loves to be challenged to deliver results.
- is a fantastically organized individual.
- is trained in software - specifically Autocad and Canvas.
- is able to communicate in both official languages.
Overall, we want someone who is going to embody our Vision "to inspire people to love the way they work" and live our Mission "to help our customers create productive work environments."
Some of the things you will find at Office Interiors - and that you may be looking for from an employer:
- a small to mid-sized company where you`re on a first-name basis with the CEO.
- team outings and company-sponsored social events.
- being in a role where your contributions - and what you bring to the table - really matter.
- an on-site fitness facility.
- no wait time for benefits.
- fun people to work with and a really fun environment - our informal tag line is "Work hard and play hard!"
- time off - with pay - to participate and volunteer in community-based or not-for-profit enterprises.
We thank all applicants for their interest and wish them all the best in their job hunt and future careers; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please mail, fax or e-mail your resume to:
Director of Human Resources
656 Windmill Road
Fax: (902) 422-8511