Medical Laboratory Technologist 3 (LT03)
Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT : MSP
ZONE : Zone 1 - Beauséjour
FACILITY : Dr-Georges-L.-Dumont University Hospital Centre
DEPARTMENT : Laboratory - Molecular Genetics
CLASSIFICATION : Medical Laboratory Technologist 3 (LT03)
STATUS : Temporary full-time (approximately 4 years)
FTE : 1.0
HOURS OF WORK :
8-hour shifts - Rotation
Possibility of standby and call back
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
ANTICIPATED DATE: As soon as possible
Perform analyses based on automated methods and/or methods used in molecular genetics, including cytogenetics, and also molecular pathology techniques. Have cytogenetics management responsibilities and help the head of the sector perform various duties.
- Member in good standing of the New Brunswick Society of Medical Laboratory Technologists (NBSMLT);
- Clinical genetics technologist certification from the Canadian Society for Medical Laboratory Science (CSMLS);
- At least three years' experience as a clinical genetics laboratory technologist acquired over the past five years;
- Competencies in the development and maintenance of policies and procedures;
- Competencies in clinical genetics thanks to various continuing education activities;
- Proven ability to organize and manage assigned workload;
- Proven teaching, communication, and interpersonal skills;
- Proven leadership skills;
- Demonstrated ability to operate in a changing work environment;
- Competencies in applying clean and aseptic laboratory techniques;
- Practical computer skills;
- Strong interest in becoming more knowledgeable in order to improve the quality of the laboratory;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Physical ability to perform the assigned work;
- Good work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethical principles, to the Network's management philosophy and to organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality set by the Network.
Written and spoken competence in French and English are required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Vitalité Health Network is a smoke-free environment