Mechanical Engineering Technologist - Buildings
WSP is one of the world's leading professional engineering services firms. Every day our more than 42,000 experts work to restore the natural environment and transform the built environment.
In Canada, our 8000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transport networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're a Forbes Top Employer in Canada, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructre Projects.
At WSP , we're proud, professional and passionate people. Join us.
WSP is currently seeking a Mechanical EngineeringTechnologist to join our Buildings - Mechanical department, located at our Vancouver, BC office. Reporting to the Manager, Mechanical Engineering, this position will be responsible for a focus on buildings projects with a variety of institutional, light industrial, commercial, health care, residential and recreational buildings. This position will have more than enough scope and freedom to satisfy the most ambitious, and career-minded person.
- Provide design, calculations, and technical support for the layout and specification of HVAC and plumbing systems for building projects
- Provide technical assistance to the design team and Project Managers
- Experience to have been focused on building projects. Desirable experience to include light industrial, commercial, institutional, health care and recreational buildings. Heavy industrial building experience desirable but not mandatory.
- Mechanical Design of HVAC, plumbing, and fire protection systems using Revit software is strongly preferred
- Other duties as assigned/required.
- College diploma and 3+ years' experience
- Excellent working knowledge with AutoCAD and Revit software
- Demonstrated understanding of Plumbing, Fire Protection and HVAC layouts
- Demonstrated ability to work with senior staff in the development of drawing packages
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven track record working in a team environment including collaboration with engineering staff. Also to include coordination and collaboration with other disciplines including architectural, structural, electrical and civil
- Good working knowledge of MS Office
- A "can do" attitude with good initiative, attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills required
- Must have proven record of working collaboratively in a team environment.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
To learn more about our firm and the projects we have been involved in, please visit our World of Possibilities microsite.
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.