Senior Electrical Engineer - Healthcare
WSP is one of the world's leading professional engineering services firms. Every day our more than 42,000 experts work to restore the natural environment and transform the built environment.
In Canada, our 8000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transport networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're a Forbes Top Employer in Canada, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects .
At WSP , we're proud, professional and passionate people. Join us.
WSP is currently searching for a Senior Electrical Engineer to join our buildings team in Vancouver, BC. The successful candidate should be familiar with a variety of institutional, municipal, healthcare, commercial building projects as well as industrial electrical infrastructure projects. The successful individual will be responsible for design, tender and construction services on various projects with a focus on power distribution and healthcare construction projects. This position will have more than enough scope and freedom to satisfy the most ambitious, career-minded and technically savvy person.
- Electrical design of power distribution, control, communication, lighting, fire alarm and security systems for industrial, commercial, institutional and municipal sectors with a focus on healthcare projects
- Technical calculations and software use for lighting analyses, load calculations, arc flash, fault & coordination studies, power system design
- On site electrical research, construction audits, field reviews
- Writing detailed and concise technical reports, feasibility studies, proposals, including written responses and instructions as required during all project phases
- Conducting all tasks in cooperation with internal clients and other engineering disciplines
- Managing and enhancing client relationships
- Other duties as assigned/required.
- Membership or eligibility for membership in the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of the Province of British Columbia (APEBC)
- 10+ years' experience designing electrical systems including power distribution, lighting, life safety and communications
- Ability to work independently to deliver comprehensive designs and contracts, often with demanding timelines
- Experience in Health Care (hospitals, laboratories) is very desirable
- Experience creating tender document packages with drawings and specifications
- Experience with utility companies, authorities having jurisdiction, and applicable codes, standards and work practices
- Excellent working knowledge of AutoCAD and Revit
- Exemplary interpersonal skills with team members and clients
- A "can do" attitude, able to work in a team environment
- Good initiative, attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Good working knowledge of MS Office 2007
- Good organizational skills, fast learner
- Reputation for meeting or exceeding expectations
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
To learn more about our firm and the projects we have been involved in, please visit our World of Possibilities microsite.
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
Company: WSP Canada Inc.