Senior Electrical Designer
WSP is one of the world's leading professional engineering services firms. Every day our more than 42,000 experts work to restore the natural environment and transform the built environment.
In Canada, our 8000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transport networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're a Forbes Top Employer in Canada, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects .
At WSP , we're proud, professional and passionate people. Join us.
WSP is looking for a Senior Electrical Engineer to join our team in the Vancouver, BC office.
- Responsible for taking design projects from start to finish
- Applying a high level of technical and professional electrical engineering and consulting expertise while offering leadership to members of the design team
- Overall responsibility for ensuring the output of the design meets the established project criteria and all applicable standards
- Responsible for researching and implementing new technology designs as mandated by clients and the Electrical Engineering Manager. The work environment is of high volume, offering a range of project complexities and requires a high level of responsibility
- Coordinates the preparation of engineering specifications and drawings, quantity and cost estimates
- Responsible for ensuring that the drawings and specifications meet established project criteria and applicable standards
- Develop standards related to our electrical engineering practice, ensuring best practices for project delivery, and when applicable sustainable building construction
- Utilize industry specific software and related technologies in design and analysis
- Prepare reports, proposals, and tender/bid submissions, budgets, project plans and other supporting documentation as required
- Manage all aspects associated with contract administration and client services monitoring
- When necessary, become involved with a variety of agencies for project approvals and permitting
- Other duties as assigned/required.
- University degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution or equivalency
- Membership or eligibility for membership in the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of the Province of British Columbia (APEBC)
- LEED Accreditation and sustainable design experience are considered assets
- 10-15 years of experience in consulting electrical design engineering for buildings or equivalent experience and responsibilities is required
- Experience in electrical design practices for healthcare facilities would be considered an asset
- Comprehensive working knowledge of Microsoft Office, electrical design software, and experience with AutoCAD drafting are required. Proficiency with Revit is considered an asset
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
To learn more about our firm and the projects we have been involved in, please visit our World of Possibilities microsite.
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
Company: WSP Canada Inc.