Rehabilitation Counsellor – Moncton office
Join the Ability NB team!
Rehabilitation Counsellor - Moncton office
Ability New Brunswick is looking for a passionate, motivated and creative Rehabilitation Counsellor to provide services in the Moncton and Bathurst regions. The successful candidate will implement the association's Navigator Framework through direct services to persons with a mobility disability. The Rehabilitation Counsellor will engage in the role of counsellor, planner, navigator, and facilitator to ultimately empower the independence and full community participation of persons who have a mobility disability. The candidate will work with individuals and their support networks to identify needs and goals, set goals, develop action plans, identify solutions and mobilize supports and services.
The successful applicant must possess the following qualifications:
- Post-secondary degree in Social Work, Psychology or Sociology
- Experience in counselling and person-centred planning
- Excellent organizational, time-management, communication, relationship building, writing & facilitation skills
- Excellent problem-solving & creative thinking skills
- A knowledge of and passion for disability issues
- A strong knowledge of community resources
- Strong computer skills and high level of proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Bilingual ability in English and French is required.
Salary: $38,000 to $44,000 + benefit package. Valid driver's license, travel and service delivery within New Brunswick, and use of own vehicle is required. Applications must be received at the address below no later than November 23, 2018 at noon. Only applicants invited for an interview will be contacted.