Supervisor, Letter Carriers
If you're results-oriented, safety-focused and able to lead by example in ensuring effective delivery, maintaining good public relations and making the customer experience a priority, this role with Canada Post is for you.
As a relief Letter Carrier Supervisor, you will supervise the activities of a team of letter carriers, mail service couriers and RSMCs assigned to a Postal Station, to ensure that proper procedures are followed in the handling and delivery of mail relay bundles and the administration of funds collected.
This is a 6-month temporary/term assignment, with a possibility of extension and permanent job opportunities (90% of term hires, who successfully complete their 6-month Probationary Review, are extended and obtain a permanent full-time position within 1 to 2 years).
You will work 40 hours per week. There are various work schedules, with start times as early as 3:30 a.m. and end times as late as 9:00 p.m.
An Eligibility List will be created for future job opportunities and will be valid for a period of 1 year.
You bring a successful track record to the role of relief Letter Carrier Supervisor:
- A high school diploma or provincial equivalent (GED) (Equivalent work experience, as defined below, may be accepted in lieu of a High School Diploma)
- At least one (1) year of experience managing a team, OR at least two (2) years of experience working within a unionized environment
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- A valid permanent provincial driver's licence (no graduated or temporary licence)
- A satisfactory safe driving record per Canada Post Corporation's Driver Safety Program, which includes:
- You have not received more than 2 moving violations in the last 3 years
- Your have not had more than 3 demerit points assigned in 1 single violation
- You have not had a licence suspension or prohibition of any kind in the last 3 years
- Fluency in English.
- A post-secondary diploma or degree
- Experience with distribution processes
- Experience working in a customer service role (e.g., dealing with customers).
FIND OUT MORE AND APPLY TODAY
For more details about this job (Job ID 14019) and to apply online via the Canada Post Careers website, please click on the URL below:
Canada Post is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities.
If you are contacted by Canada Post regarding a job opportunity or testing, please advise if you require accommodation.