In Canada, more than 8,000 of our people foster innovation every day because we know that our future world will be vastly different from today. Our reach includes environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transport networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources. Through our Future Ready initiative, we bring clarity and vision to some of Canada's most complex challenges and opportunities.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're a Forbes Top Employer in Canada, one of the Corporate Knights' Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned ReNew Canada's Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects . In 2018, LinkedIn ranked us number 7 on their Top Companies list .
At WSP , we see the future more clearly and design for it today - we put innovation, and the highest ethical standards and professionalism at the centre of all we do. Find out what we have to offer.
WSP is currently seeking a Contract Administrator to join our Infrastructure department, located at our Thornhill office. Reporting to the Manager, this position will be responsible for the Contract Administration and some Project Management related to the field review for the construction of watermains and sewers. You will work together with clients, municipalities and contractors on constructability reviews, quality assurance and resolving construction issues. This is an exciting opportunity with career growth potential targeted to learn the skills necessary towards management and leadership in the Contract Administration group.
- Be a part of a team of Project Managers, Engineers, Contract Administrators, Designers, Inspectors, and other staff as required;
- Lead certain aspects of the projects through the construction of, tunneling, trenchless construction, large diameter water transmission mains, trunk sewer mains, roads and land development projects and other client projects;
- Evaluate contractor performance to ensure project deliverables and quality standards are achieved;
- Maintain regular communication with clients regarding project status, site issues and project quality and resolve issues as required;
- Assist and support regional business development initiatives including staffing RFP, RFQ response to meet projected department growth;
- Management of Quality Assurance and measurements for and the preparation of payment certificates;
- Oversee Change Requests and Claims;
- Management of responses to Contractor's RFI's and clarification requests;
- Preparation of Engineering Certifications;
- Ensure staff complete tasks in line with WSP's safety policies/procedures and legislative requirements.
- Lead by example: Champion a successful mentoring, assistance, encouragement, and motivation approach for team members;
- Other duties as assigned.
- 5+ years in Contract Administration and Site Inspection
- Experience on large civil projects - with specific experience in watermains, sewers, and flooding;
- Experience supervising other staff members and have an aspirations leading you to management;
- Experienced in project planning, risk management, cost management, schedule management and preparation/administration of contract documents and specifications would be a big asset;
- Familiarity with sewer, water main, and road construction materials, methods and processes.
- Strong business development skills;
- Computer skills including word, excel, PDF markup and windows applications;
- Valid drivers license required. This position requires use of personal vehicle in good working order to be used occasionally for business use, for which there is reimbursement.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP Canada Inc.