Visitor Experience Attendants
DEPARTMENT OF TOURISM, HERITAGE AND CULTURE
VISITOR EXPERIENCE ATTENDANTS
TWO CASUAL POSITIONS
MOUNT CARLETON PROVINCIAL PARK
The Department of Tourism, Heritage and Culture is seeking two individuals to join the Mount Carleton Provincial Park team as Visitor Experience Attendants for the winter season.
As a member of the Mount Carleton Provincial Park, the successful candidates will act as ambassadors by servicing visitors needs while in the park as well as upselling the winter activities being offered in the park. The duties and responsibilities include:
- Welcome guests and act as ambassadors of a wilderness park by providing information on the unique attributes of the park and all winter program activities;
- Assist with the planning, organization and execution of all winter program activities and special events;
- Conduct guided tours in mountainous region of park and offer assistance to visitors on the trails;
- Perform daily rigorous physical activity in cold temperatures during extended periods of time (i.e. mountain climbing);
- Conduct research on winter program activities and provide suggestions;
- Inspect and maintain trails in mountains;
- Maintain records of weather and trail conditions;
- Perform manual tasks (collecting garbage, shovelling, etc.);
- Promote a culture of safety in all aspects of the park spending and ensuring rules and protocols are respected by visitors;
- Assist in providing introductory winter outdoors activities; and
- Perform various other duties as assigned.
- Completion of grade ten plus considerable related work experience
- Knowledge and experience working with various software (Word, Excel, Power Point) as well as with social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
- First aid and CPR certifications
- Work experience in customer service
- Valid driver's license (class 5)
Written and spoken competence in English and French is required.
An equivalent combination of education, training and experience will be considered.
Applicants must clearly demonstrate the essential qualifications to be given further consideration. Please ensure that your preferred language for assessment is stated on your application.
ASSET QUALIFICATIONS: Preference may be given to candidates that demonstrate:
- Experience conducting guided groups
- Experience providing interpretative programs
- Knowledge of the history of Mount Carleton Provincial Park
Subject to the response to this competition, candidates may be required to demonstrate on their application one or more of the asset qualifications in addition to the essential qualifications in order to be given further consideration.
The following operational requirements may be required:
- Working evenings and weekends
- Working variable hours
BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES: The successful candidates will possess the following behavioral competencies:
- Client Service Orientation
- Effective Interactive Communication
- Teamwork and Cooperation
Résumés should be in chronological order specifying education and employment in months and years including part-time and full-time employment.
SALARY: $15.52 per hour (40 hours per week).
We encourage applicants to apply on-line, by email to email@example.com or by mail at the following address:
Department of Tourism, Heritage and Culture
Human Resource Services
Marysville Place 4th Floor
P.O. Box 6000, Fredericton, NB E3B 5H1
This competition will remain open until the positions are filled.
We thank all those who apply however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
We promote a scent-reduced environment.
The New Brunswick Public Service: Improving the lives of New Brunswickers every day!