Manager, Engineering (Naval Architecture)
Manager, Engineering (Naval Architecture) CSC
Irving Shipbuilding Inc., located at 3099 Barrington Street Halifax NS B3K 5M7, is part of the J.D. Irving Group of companies and is in the business of building quality ships and repairing vessels. The company's primary site is Halifax Shipyard, with three other locations in the Maritime Provinces. Irving Shipbuilding is currently working on a number of significant projects for the Department of National Defence.
- Coordinate Engineering support and expertise to the Senior Project Manager for execution of CSC activities
- Leadership, guidance and coordinator of all engineering design activities related to Marine and Platform Systems the CSC Project
- Leadership of the core Engineering Team
- Technical Experience on all platform and Marine systems related activities
- Degree in a discipline of Naval Architecture or equivalent experience. Meets the pre-requisites to eventually achieve Professional Engineering status with Engineers Nova Scotia.
- Ten plus years of ship design experience in the field of naval architecture
- 5 years of experience in a naval shipbuilding environment
- 5 years of experience in a leadership role
- Experience working on naval ship design, commercial shipbuilding, or other large military procurement program
- Experience preparing design products for a ship design or major ship upgrade design program
- Strong personal time management skills
- Ability to communicate effectively and persuasively in English, both orally and in writing
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
What We Offer:
- Irving Shipbuilding is proud to offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including but not limited to medical, dental, and vision
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please apply online by _____.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Please be advised that some positions have been designated as 'Safety Sensitive' where the employee holding the position has a heightened responsibility for his/her own safety or the safety of others due to the nature of the job. If this is the case, you will be informed in the interview process
Irving Shipbuilding Inc. is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.