Patient Care Attendant 2 (3025)
Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT : CUPE
ZONE : Zone 4 Northwest
FACILITY : Edmundston Regional Hospital
DEPARTMENT : Float Team
CLASSIFICATION : Patient Care Attendant 2 (3025)
STATUS : Permanent full-time
FTE : 1.0
ANTICIPATED DATE : AS soon as possible
HOURS OF WORK :
8, 10 and 12 hour shifts
Rotation, day, evening, night and weekend
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
JOB SUMMARY :
Under the delegation and supervision of the nurse, the incumbent will deliver comfort care needed by patients in accordance with the facility's philosophy and objectives. The incumbent will perform support work to facilitate activities on the unit.
N.B.: These are only the main duties of the position. Other related duties may be assigned as required for the smooth operation of the area.
- High school diploma or G.E.D.;
- Recognized postsecondary patient care program or equivalent;
- Recognized BLS course and update completed within past year;
- Safe Patient Transfer Program or willingness to take program;
- Discretion and confidentiality in previous work;
- Patient communication skills and ability to foster helping relationships;
- Resourcefulness, initiative and sound judgment;
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to deal with conflict situations;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Physical ability to perform the assigned work;
- Good work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethical principles, the Network's management philosophy and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality set by Vitalité Health Network.
Knowledge of spoken and written French is essential and knowledge of spoken English is required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
"Vitalité Health Network is a smoke-free environment"