Senior Electrical Engineer
WSP in Ottawa, ON
WSP is one of the world's leading professional engineering services firms. Every day our more than 48,000 experts work to restore the natural environment and transform the built environment.
In Canada, our 8,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're a Forbes Top Employer in Canada, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects.
At WSP , we're proud, professional and passionate people, join our team.
WSP is currently seeking Senior Electrical Engineer(s) to join our Mechanical and Electrical Department, located at our Ottawa office. Working with the department manager this position will be responsible for project work from conceptual design through to completion on electrical, lighting, technology, integration, and security consulting engineering services.
Are you a standout colleague who has the drive and great communication skills? You work well in a team but are ready to take on more responsibilities develop your career into a leadership or Technical lead. You will have the opportunity to participate in a wide variety of projects including healthcare, commercial, residential, education, and many others.
- Are you an Electrical Engineer who enjoys technically complex projects where you can flex your engineering mind?
- Do you enjoy interacting with clients and building new opportunities for growth and expansion?
- Do you love Electrical engineering and enjoy engaging in technical conversations with peers?
- Power distribution, essential power systems including generators and UPS, Substations, transformers, metering, primary and secondary switchgear, motor control and motor control centers Life Safety including Fire Alarm system design;
- You will apply a high level of technical and professional electrical engineering and consulting expertise while offering leadership to members of the design team;
- You will be responsible for ensuring that the drawings and specifications meet established project criteria and applicable standards;
- You will prepare reports, proposals, and tender/bid submissions, budgets, project plans and other supporting documentation as required;
- You can develop standards related to our electrical engineering practice, ensuring standard methodologies for project delivery, and when applicable sustainable building constructions;
- Lighting, Lighting Control systems;
- You will use your knowledge of structured data cabling, communications, security, energy management, Nurse Call system design;
- You will be providing technical support to the project managers; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- You have a Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution or proof of equivalency;
- You have 10+ years of related experience in various Electrical projects, preferably in a consulting engineering environment;
- You are working towards your P.Eng designation is a plus, but not mandatory. We will consider applicants who are close to reaching their designation for other roles;
- Your experience has provided you with a deep understanding of lighting and low voltage systems such as nurse call, security, fire alarm, etc; and
- You are an excellent communicator both written and verbal.
- You aspire for more and want to develop into a Project Manager or Technical Lead.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP Canada Inc.