Warehouse Order Picker
Talentcor is recruiting a Warehouse Order Picker in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia.
- To unload goods from delivery vehicles and confirm delivery accuracy on Bill of Lading by counting pallets and/or skids
- Verify accuracy of items shipped to the PO quoted. If no PO is quoted identifying the correct PO prior to receiving by working with the supplier and purchasing
- Identify products that the UPC code is not set up for and work with Purchasing to correct if possible
- Identify items on the shipment that are not on the PO and work with Purchasing to identify if it is inventory or non-inventory and take the appropriate action
- Create bins for items needing them and delete old items that were in the bin
- Create bin labels when required
- Put stock away in correct bin
- Prioritize old stock ahead of new stock by rotating
- Prioritize large days by working with Purchasing to identify order of receiving
- Housekeeping should be done while working in the aisle and the Receiving area should be done at the end of every day
- Help other departments when required
- Work overstock daily
- Bin Maintenance
- Other duties as assigned
- To select pick tickets as prioritized and assemble orders by identifying and confirming bin locator, description, quantity and unit of measurement
- Report any inventory discrepancies by recording them on the document provided in your department
- Put items in a plastic tote (bench) or box (stores)
- Make sure paperwork is invoiced when ready and all adjustments are identified to ensure accurate data entry
- Carefully cut tops of boxes when you open a new box
- Work clean-take flaps and empty boxes of the shelf and either reuse or breakdown to dispose of it
- Clean your cart at the end of the night
- Assist with checking of orders (do not check ones you have picked) this is not done in the store department
- Pack checked items for transport
- Prepare waybill for shipment by checking address on pick ticket to address in ship system
- Confirm mode of shipping, special instructions are followed
- Load order on skid
- Wrap skid with heavy boxes on the bottom
- Print waybill
- All other duties as assigned
- Follow all safety procedures
- Correct any safety issues that you can when you see them
- Wear toe protection while working
- Do not operate equipment without the proper training
- Must be willing to work 1:30PM - 10:30PM
- Customer service focused
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- Flexibility to work shifts, including evenings if required
- Ability to lift and carry heavy material when needed
- Self-starter and highly motivated to make proactive changes
- Proactive, can-do attitude, with the ability to engaging team members.
- Effective time management skills, able to prioritize workload and meet deadlines.
- Well organized, proactive and positive approach in the work place.
- Ability to work independently and harmoniously within in a team environment
- Must have steal toed work boots
- Physical lifting required
- High attention to detail/ accuracy
- Criminal Record Check is required.
Please apply directly online or submit your resume to Wendy MacDonald firstname.lastname@example.org
Talentcor would like to thank all candidates for their interest in this opportunity. Due to the volume of resumes we receive we may only be able to respond directly to those candidates being selected for an interview.
We encourage you to visit www.talentcor.com regularly as new and exciting employment opportunities become available daily!
Keywords: Warehouse, order picking, shipping and receiving
Talent at work.