WSP in Kingston, ON
WSP is one of the world's leading professional engineering services firms. Every day our more than 48,000 experts work to restore the natural environment and transform the built environment.
In Canada, our 8,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're a Forbes Top Employer in Canada, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects.
At WSP , we're proud, professional and passionate people, join our team.
WSP is currently hiring for a Municipal Engineer to join our Municipal Engineering group, located at our Kingston office. Reporting to the Manager this position will be responsible for the design and project management of a variety of municipal infrastructure projects, such as site developments, pumping stations, servicing/feasibility studies, and road reconstructions, of various sizes and in many locations .
- Design of public and private sector municipal servicing projects under the supervision of the Senior Director of Engineering of Eastern Ontario and in coordination with intermediate staff;
- Actively participate in the design and provide direction to the design team throughout the design process;
- Liaise with the various municipal/utility/approval agencies;
- Be responsible for project budgets, project schedules, and client communications;
- Coordinate with a multi-disciplinary project team to undertake major infrastructure projects;
- Apply proven design experience including conceptual, preliminary and detailed designs;
- Design and project execution for municipal infrastructure projects including: site developments, water resources, sewers, water mains, pumping stations, road design;
- Mentor and coach a team of engineering interns and technologists;
- Contribute to RFP, Bid and Proposal documents; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 6+ years of municipal infrastructure experience for Public and Private Sector projects in Southern Ontario;
- Professional Engineer designation in Ontario with a minimum of 2 years' experience with designation;
- Knowledge and application of Ontario Environmental standards and guidelines;
- Experience with sewer, watermain, and road design using CAD and/or Modelling Software would be considered an asset;
- Familiarity with local planning/approval processes;
- Experience working with the various Kingston Area municipalities an asset;
- Valid G Driver's license;
- Project Management experience on municipal and/or private sector projects an asset; and
- Knowledge and experience with Contract Administration, Pumping Station Design, and/or Hydraulic Analysis, and/or Treatment Facility Design would be considered an asset.
WSP Canada Inc.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP Canada Inc.