Electrical Engineer (Intermediate) - M&E, Buildings
In Canada, more than 8,000 of our people foster innovation every day because we know that our future world will be vastly different from today. Our reach includes environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transport networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources. Through our Future Ready initiative, we bring clarity and vision to some of Canada's most complex challenges and opportunities.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're a Forbes Top Employer in Canada, one of the Corporate Knights' Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned ReNew Canada's Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects . In 2018, LinkedIn ranked us number 7 on their Top Companies list .
At WSP , we see the future more clearly and design for it today - we put innovation, and the highest ethical standards and professionalism at the centre of all we do. Find out what we have to offer.
WSP is currently seeking two Electrical Engineers to join our Mechanical & Electrical department, one in Cornwall, ON and the other in Kingston, ON.
You will work with a Senior Project Manager as a key member of a focused and dedicated team. Our group provides preliminary design services, detailed design services, preparation of tender documents, assistance with procurement and tender evaluation, contract administration, engineering services for electrical, lighting, and projects to public and private sector clients.You have a sense of urgency and can manage competing priorities. You have a passion for design which you apply to each project you encounter. You work hard and play hard and welcome an opportunity to be part of a team who loves to laugh together and respect everyone's contribution to the team's success.
- Are you looking for a chance to show your stuff and learn?
- Do you want to work and live in a tight-knit team community where home ownership is still affordable?
- You have experience with power distribution, essential power systems including generators and UPS, Substations, transformers, metering, primary and secondary switchgear, motor control and motor control centers Life Safety including Fire Alarm system design;
- You will applying a high level of technical and professional electrical engineering and consulting expertise while offering leadership to members of the design team;
- You will ensure that the drawings and specifications meet established project criteria and applicable standards;
- You will prepare reports, proposals, and tender/bid submissions, budgets, project plans and other supporting documentation as required;
- You will develop standards related to our electrical engineering practice, ensuring standard methodologies for project delivery, and when applicable sustainable building constructions;
- Lighting, Lighting Control systems;
- Structured data cabling, communications, security, energy management, Nurse Call system design;
- You have some knowledge of Mechanical equipment control design;
- As member of our group you will provide technical support to the project managers;
- Other duties as assigned.
- You have a Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering;
- You have 2+ years of related experience in a consulting engineering environment;
- We prefer a P.Eng designation, but we will consider you if you are close to reaching your designation;
- You have Intimate knowledge of high voltage systems;
- You have develop a sound understanding of lighting and low voltage systems such as nurse call, security, fire alarm, etc; and
- You don't shy away to communicate both written and verbal.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon you being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for those taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only those selected will be contacted.
WSP Canada Inc.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.