Manager, Electrical Engineer
In Canada, more than 8,000 of our people foster innovation every day because we know that our future world will be vastly different from today. Our reach includes environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transport networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources. Through our Future Ready initiative, we bring clarity and vision to some of Canada's most complex challenges and opportunities.
The excellence we bring to our work and our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're a Forbes Top Employer in Canada, one of the Corporate Knights' Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned ReNew Canada's Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects . In 2018, LinkedIn ranked us number 7 on their Top Companies list .
At WSP , we see the future more clearly and design for it today - we put innovation, and the highest ethical standards and professionalism at the centre of all we do. Find out what we have to offer.
WSP's Electrical & Mechanical team engages in the design of healthcare, educational, commercial, residential, recreational and light industrial facilities, with a specialization in large and complex projects, sustainable developments, and projects utilizing Alternate Delivery methods including Public-Private Partnerships (P3).
You're all about the big picture. While everybody else is focused on their separate responsibilities, you've got an eye on the end goal, and have a detailed plan for how we will meet these goals. Others look up to you; they know that you have the experience and provide them with the support they need to take on any challenges. As a mentor, you're pleased when everyone is moving in the same direction, and you are available to step up and be the best advocate for your team. You have strong communication skills, and you use those skills to make sure your team remains engage and the clients happy, you enjoy helping your team members develop and grow their career while providing the clients with the best solutions and trained staff. You love leading people and thrive knowing that they can rely on you. You are keen to take on some of the most exciting projects and to be part of a winning international team. You will get to work and display your skill with colleagues on a local, national and international stage.
- You will work directly with the Senior Director - Buildings, work independently and with minimal supervision
- You will maintain WSP's position as the top buildings engineering firm within the local market.
- You will support and mentor staff in improving the client relationships, quality of our work and service to our clients.
- You will find and develop opportunities, strategizes, leads and assists in business development efforts within the geographic region
- You pursue and maintain opportunities with new and key clients
- You will be responsible to continuously monitors the financial performance of the department and takes remedial/corrective actions as required to meet or exceed financial targets
- You will participate in attracting hires and retains highly qualified staff
- You will mentor staff performance and provides training and development opportunities for staff
- You will organize career development and performance evaluations of staff under your management.
- You will ensure compliance with all staff within the department with WSP policies, practices, procedures and protocols.
- You will develop and implement design and production standards related to our Electrical engineering practice.
- You hold membership with the Association of Professional Engineers of Ontario.
- You bring a total of 12+ years in of experience in the engineering consulting industry
- You are ready to take on more management responsibilities such as developing a team of engineers and technologists.
- You have excellent communication, time management, multitasking, and most important people skills.
- You are capable of functioning in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- You currently hold or able to obtain a secret level security clearance
- You can effectively handle multiple conflicting priorities simultaneously
- You enjoy working in a professional work environment with clients.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon applicant being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
To learn more about our firm and the projects we have been involved in, please visit our World of Possibilities microsite.
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for applicants taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the applicants selected will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.