Senior Mechanical Designer
In Canada, more than 8,000 of our people foster innovation every day because we know that our future world will be vastly different from today. Our reach includes environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transport networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources. Through our Future Ready initiative, we bring clarity and vision to some of Canada's most complex challenges and opportunities.
The excellence we bring to our work and our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're a Forbes Top Employer in Canada, one of the Corporate Knights' Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned ReNew Canada's Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects . In 2018, LinkedIn ranked us number 7 on their Top Companies list .
At WSP , we see the future more clearly and design for it today - we put innovation, and the highest ethical standards and professionalism at the centre of all we do. Find out what we have to offer.
WSP is currently seeking a forward-thinking, Senior Mechanical Designer(s) to join our Mechanical and Electrical Team, located in our Downtown Ottawa office. This person will be a great teammate and a key member of an evolving team responsible for developing electrical building systems from schematic design stage through to completion of the Centre Block Rehabilitation Project.
You are skilled in participating in the design of building services, such as HVAC, Plumbing & Drainage, and Fire Protection, and possess excellent Revit modelling skills. You are a teammate who is highly motivated with great communication skills. You will work under the direct supervision of a project engineer or designer and will have the opportunity to participate in a wide variety of projects including healthcare, commercial, residential, education, and many others. You bring passion to your work, and you seek to acquire new knowledge and share it with your team.
- You will design and draft HVAC plumbing and fire-protection systems for the Centre Block Rehabilitation project;
- You will carry out heating, ventilation, and cooling load calculations using software programs;
- You will review information from reports and published documents; evaluate and analyze the information to understand the requirements of project
- You develop complex technical designs to ensure an exemplary solution that meets quality parameters, project timelines requirements
- Perform technical reviews and edits drawings as required and review engineering design requirements to offer recommendations; builds drawings to support constructions project
- Other duties as assigned/required.
- Mechanical Engineering Diploma from an accredited institution
- You have 5+ years of experience in Mechanical Design focused on a wide range of building projects
- Excellent working knowledge with AutoCAD and Revit software
- Proven understanding of Plumbing, Fire Protection and HVAC layouts
- Good working knowledge of MS Office 2013
- A "can do" attitude with good initiative, attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Strong verbal and written communication and social skills required
- You have a proven track record of working reciprocally in a team environment.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon you being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for those taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only those selected will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.