Senior Mechanical Engineer
In Canada, more than 8,000 of our people foster innovation every day because we know that our future world will be vastly different from today. Our reach includes environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transport networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources. Through our Future Ready initiative, we bring clarity and vision to some of Canada's most complex challenges and opportunities.
The excellence we bring to our work and our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're a Forbes Top Employer in Canada, one of the Corporate Knights' Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned ReNew Canada's Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects . In 2018, LinkedIn ranked us number 7 on their Top Companies list .
At WSP , we see the future more clearly and design for it today - we put innovation, and the highest ethical standards and professionalism at the centre of all we do. Find out what we have to offer.
WSP is currently seeking a forward-thinking, Senior Mechanical Engineer(s) to join our Mechanical and Electrical Team, located in our downtown Ottawa office. This person will be a standout colleague and a key member of an evolving team responsible for developing mechanical building systems from schematic design stage through to completion of the Centre Block Rehabilitation Project. You are a skilled Engineer Mechanical Engineer; You bring 12 + years of related building mechanical systems experience in complex commercial and institutional setting. This role will be ideal for someone looking to play a mentorship role and help develop junior and intermediate Mechanical Engineer. This will be your opportunity to take part in several ways to one of the most unique project in Canadian history.
- You will Provide leadership in the pursuit of leading-edge engineering solutions for the various mechanical building systems, including HVAC, plumbing, fire protection and building automation and control systems.
- Work in conjunction with different partner groups to identify, develop and articulate the merits of different options for the various systems, and to make recommendations for partner acceptance.
- You will provide guidance, mentorship, and positive direction to less practiced engineer on the team in order for them to feel confident to tackle more complex technical challenges.
- You will be conducting quality reviews throughout the design process to ensure standard methodology design principles are met, and that the design meets all applicable codes and standards to satisfy the requirements of the authority having jurisdiction.
- Licensed Professional Engineer in Ontario.
- You have12 + years mechanical engineering and design experience on major complex building projects - experience with large-scale, heritage designated projects a distinct advantage.
- You have experience working in different delivery models - i.e. CM, Design Build, P3 -
- You have excellent communication, and leadership skills with a strong desire and ability to collaborate and problem solve in an integrated team environment.
- You possess knowledge of the National Building Code of Canada and the Ontario Building Code.
- Detailed understanding of LEED v4.0 and ASHRAE standards.
- You have detailed working knowledge of NFPA and CAN/ULC Standards for Life Safety Systems.
- You have an advanced understanding of quality standards relative to mechanical design and planning, engineering fundamentals and principles.
- You are proficient in MS Office Application and have an understanding of REVIT is a definite advantage
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon applicants being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for applicants taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the applicants selected will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.