Opportunities for General Labourers
Cavendish Farms in Wheatley, ON
GENERAL PLANT LABOURER
Cavendish Farms is a leading producer of frozen food products for retail and foodservice markets throughout Canada, the United States, and around the world. We have state-of-the-art potato processing plants in Prince Edward Island, Lethbridge, Alberta, and Jamestown, North Dakota, and an appetizer plant in Wheatley, Ontario. Our Head office is in Dieppe, New Brunswick and has sales office locations in Toronto, Montreal, and Boston.
Reporting to the Production Supervisor, the General Labourer will be responsible for various tasks that support the overall operation of the production on shift.
- Years of Experience Required: 2-5 years experience
- Willingness and able to work a twelve (12) hour shift schedule
- Willingness to work overtime if needed
- Willingness and ability to work in different areas and perform different tasks on a repetitive basis in a structured environment
- Willingness to work in both hot and cold environments
- Ability to understand all food safety procedures relating to job functions
- Experience in a manufacturing environment would be considered an asset
- Perform inspection of products
- Discard unacceptable product
- Follow all Food Safety procedures relating to all job duties including and not limited to CCP and report all food safety concerns to the supervisors
- Perform physical duties ranging from light to medium in demand
- Perform duties in a safe manner following the Company Health and Safety policies and procedures
- General housekeeping of work area
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Please be advised that some positions have been designated as 'Safety Sensitive' where the employee holding the position has a heightened responsibility for his/her own safety or the safety of others due to the nature of the job. If this is the case, you will be informed in the interview process
Cavendish Farms Corporation is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.