Bilingual Litigation Legal Assistant
Our Moncton Office has an immediate opening for a Bilingual Litigation Legal Assistant. Position is permanent, full-time.
Cox & Palmer is a full-service, top-ranked Atlantic Canadian law firm with the knowledge and experience clients rely upon for solid legal solutions. The firm prides itself on a collegial work atmosphere and supportive team environment. We hire self-motivated, team-minded individuals with a strong work ethic, integrity and a commitment to client service. At Cox & Palmer, our support staff is an essential part of our team effort to deliver outstanding service to our clients.
Cox & Palmer provides a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits:
- Employer paid premiums for individual or family health and dental benefits;
- Pension with matching employer contribution;
- Employee assistance program; and
- Annual fitness allowance.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Maintain detailed and accurate client and administrative files;
- Draft a wide range of legal documents and correspondence;
- Proofread, data entry, photocopy, and other office related duties;
- Establish and maintain a calendar and reminder system; and
- All tasks must be performed with a high degree of accuracy.
Skills and Qualifications
- Spoken and written proficiency in both French and English;
- Five plus years of experience working in a legal assistant role;
- Legal Assistant or Paralegal diploma from a recognized post-secondary institution;
- Above average proficiency in Microsoft applications and typing skills;
- Excellent proofreading, spelling and grammar skills;
- Superior organizational abilities. Detail oriented;
- Preference will be given to applicants with previous litigation experience.
This position will remain posted until successfully filled. Qualified candidates who are interested in this position should send a covering letter and resume to:
Cox & Palmer
644 Main Street, Suite 500
Moncton, NB E1C 1E2
Fax: (506) 856-8150
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Cox & Palmer is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is a member of the Law Firm Diversity and Inclusion Network (LFDIN) and Pride at Work Canada.