Policy and Research Analyst (Quality Assurance)
The Maritime Provinces Higher Education Commission (MPHEC) is an arm's length organization accountable to the ministers responsible for postsecondary education in the Maritimes. The Commission comprises 20 members representing universities, the public-at-large (including students), and the three Maritime governments. The Commission's primary orientation in carrying out its duties is to give first consideration to improving and maintaining the best possible service to students as lifelong learners. The Commission, located in Fredericton, New Brunswick, is currently seeking an individual to fill the following position:
Policy and Research Analyst
($38,532 - $67,704)
(Contract, one-year maternity leave)
As a member of the Quality Assurance team and reporting to the Senior Policy and Research Advisor, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Leading key files related to quality assurance;
- Analyzing universities' academic programs and policies;
- Researching academic programs and policies within and outside the Maritimes;
- Developing documents with varying degrees of team input, and contributing to documents produced by colleagues (program information forms, briefing notes, correspondence, analytical reports, policy frameworks);
- Presenting analysis within highly-specialized team environments;
- Identifying and liaising with external consultants and others as appropriate;
- Organizing stakeholder events (symposium, conference, etc.) as needed;
- Other related work as assigned;
- Involves some travel.
The successful candidate will take pride in identifying coherent proposals and those with inconsistencies or gaps in reasoning; have the ability to condense large amounts of information to the most salient points; be methodical and attentive in their work and have an affinity for detailed work; have excellent organizational and time management skills, including the ability to manage long-term projects with day-to-day activities and to produce high quality work under tight deadlines; demonstrate initiative, be self-directed and goal-oriented; have the ability to undertake complex assignments with minimal supervision; have excellent oral and written communication skills; be flexible and adaptable and able to effectively prioritize their work.
- Have a bachelor's degree;
- Have a demonstrated ability to work with others toward specific goals, including team work and one-on-one interactions;
- Have a demonstrated ability to successfully carry out independent work;
- Have a demonstrated ability to clearly articulate and present complex information;
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Have written and spoken competence in English;
- Have a valid driver's license.
Preference may be given to candidates that:
- Have prior experience related to university quality assurance;
- Possess a good understanding of the post-secondary learning environment;
- Have prior experience assessing or developing policy and/or providing policy advice;
- Have master's degree (thesis/research-based preferred) in a social sciences, humanities, or related field;
- Have written and spoken competence in French.
An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered. Candidates must demonstrate in their cover letter how they have acquired the skills and qualifications for this position and their curriculum vitae should be in chronological order specifying education and employment in months and years.
The Commission offers an excellent benefits package and a stimulating work environment. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Applications must be submitted quoting Competition No. PRA-QA-18-10C to: Maritime Provinces Higher Education Commission, 401-82 Westmorland Street, P.O. Box 6000, Fredericton, NB E3B 5H1, or by email at email@example.com, by October 31, 2018.
We thank those who apply, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. This opportunity may be used to fill future vacancies at the same level.