Senior Project Manager, Highways
In Canada, more than 8,000 of our people foster innovation every day because we know that our future world will be vastly different from today. Our reach includes environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transport networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources. Through our Future Ready initiative, we bring clarity and vision to some of Canada's most complex challenges and opportunities.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're a Forbes Top Employer in Canada, one of the Corporate Knights' Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned ReNew Canada's Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects . In 2018, LinkedIn ranked us number 7 on their Top Companies list .
At WSP , we see the future more clearly and design for it today - we put innovation, and the highest ethical standards and professionalism at the centre of all we do. Find out what we have to offer.
WSP is currently hiring for a Senior Project Manager for our Transportation business line, located at our Ottawa office. Working with the team and the Manager of Highways, this position will lead a team of Engineers, Designers and support staff to deliver quality highway engineering projects.
This client facing position will be the key interface and primary point of communication on transportation highway projects.
- You will prepare designs, contract specifications and reports for a wide variety of transportation projects;
- Run financial performance, approve expenditures and coordinate consulting services agreements;
- You will establish and execute projects that promote quality, value, timeliness and profitability;
- You will decide on appropriate revenue recognition, ensure timely and accurate invoicing and monitor accounts receivable;
- Alongside the management team, assist with the implementation of corporate procedures, quality and safety standards;
- Provide overall risk management reporting;
- Monitor and ensure client satisfaction;
- Dedicatedly lead compliance with project schedule, budget and procedures;
- Handle project cost control (budget vs. actual);
- Lead staff productivity and utilization;
- Mentor staff and project teams;
- Oversee staff and participate directly in the completion of projects;
- Liaise with other Project Managers, Program Managers, Clients and partners
- Lead and direct business development activities in the Ottawa market including preparation of proposal and statement of qualifications;
Do you think this is for you?
- You should have an undergraduate degree in civil engineering from an accredited university;
- You will hold your P.Eng. (Eligible for Membership with the PEO);
- Transportation Engineering experience in the consulting services industry;
- You can work independently as well as in groups with a confirmed ability to run projects, project teams, and clients;
- Experience in leading a design team to produce efficient engineering designs;
- Familiarity with City of Ottawa market conditions, public and private sector client base.
- Understanding of traffic engineering principles;
- Ability to lead and mentor other engineers / technicians;
- Experience working with remote teams and multi-office execution;
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
WSP Canada Inc.