Senior Project Manager, Highways
WSP in Ottawa, ON
WSP is one of the world's leading professional engineering services firms. Every day our more than 48,000 experts work to restore the natural environment and transform the built environment.
In Canada, our 8,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're a Forbes Top Employer in Canada, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects.
At WSP , we're proud, professional and passionate people, join our team.
WSP is currently hiring for a Senior Project Manager for our Transportation business line, located at our Ottawa office. Working with the team and the Manager of Highways, this position will lead a team of Engineers, Designers and support staff to deliver quality highway engineering projects.
This client facing position will be the key interface and primary point of communication on transportation highway projects.
- You will prepare designs, contract specifications and reports for a wide variety of transportation projects;
- Run financial performance, approve expenditures and coordinate consulting services agreements;
- You will establish and execute projects that promote quality, value, timeliness and profitability;
- You will decide on appropriate revenue recognition, ensure timely and accurate invoicing and monitor accounts receivable;
- Alongside the management team, assist with the implementation of corporate procedures, quality and safety standards;
- Provide overall risk management reporting;
- Monitor and ensure client satisfaction;
- Dedicatedly lead compliance with project schedule, budget and procedures;
- Handle project cost control (budget vs. actual);
- Lead staff productivity and utilization;
- Mentor staff and project teams;
- Oversee staff and participate directly in the completion of projects;
- Liaise with other Project Managers, Program Managers, Clients and partners
- Lead and direct business development activities in the Ottawa market including preparation of proposal and statement of qualifications;
Do you think this is for you?
- You should have an undergraduate degree in civil engineering from an accredited university;
- You will hold your P.Eng. (Eligible for Membership with the PEO);
- Transportation Engineering experience in the consulting services industry;
- You can work independently as well as in groups with a confirmed ability to run projects, project teams, and clients;
- Experience in leading a design team to produce efficient engineering designs;
- Familiarity with City of Ottawa market conditions, public and private sector client base.
- Understanding of traffic engineering principles;
- Ability to lead and mentor other engineers / technicians;
- Experience working with remote teams and multi-office execution;
WSP Canada Inc.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP Canada Inc.